Corsair Community

TR3X6G2000C8GTF stability

bergoto

Hi, everyone!

I'm not sure if here's the place to discuss that, but... i have already received my replacement of TR3X6G2000C8GTF set (two modules of the old set were defective) but I have the same issues like before- when I clock the system with XMP to 2000 MHz for the memory, it is not stable. I was afraid to test longer and now I'm running the memory on 1066 MHz, no problems with that.

Is it possible this matter to be a result of this Elpida issues and what should I do?

So... thank you specmike and Wired for the fast response.

Here are the things I've tried, as I remember:

1st set: XMP enabled, BClk 143MHz, the system wasn't stable, hung more often every time I've started the PC, after that bluescreens with different errors started to show, and when I've run memtest 2.11+ many errors on two of the modules showed up.

2nd set: Same thing- XMP enabled, BClk 143 MHz, DRAM Freq. 2006MHz, the system isn't stable again, especially if it is loaded. I've tried manual OC, DRAM Freq. at 1866MHz as described in Corsair testing parameters, but same thing...

Now I'm running the system normally with DRAM at 1066 MHz w/o any problems, but I would like to use the memory full capacity

What could be the problem?

Take a look at your system using the latest verion of CPU-Z. If you can, post a screenshot of the main CPU-Z page.

What we need to see first is the stepping code for your CPU. It sounds to me as if your CPU (mainly the memory controller on the CPU) is not capable of running the memory at this speed. Or, you may simply need some manual BIOS tuning.

Many C stepping CPUs have trouble hitting 1866+. The newer You may be able to hit with some BIOS tuning, by going above the XMP settings. Use XMP as a starting point and try tuning up from there a bit. If you need OCing assistance you may what to check with the board manufacturer or some of the online OCing sites. Keep in mind that your C0 stepping CPU might not hit DDR2000.

• Corsair Employees
That is true but with the DO stepping you will need to enable the XMP Profile and then you may need to manually adjust the QPI Voltage to a lower setting the (D0) Stepping CPU's do not like high QPI Voltage.

Archived