Corsair Community

using hdd erase and restoring a ghost image

tfannon

sadly, it looks like i will need to use hdd erase to restore the performance to my p128.

what i would really like to know is can i image my drive, use hdd erase, and then restore the image so i can avoid the 6+ hrs it takes to configure my machine?

will ghost and/or acronis both keep the partition alignment information correct?

which one is better. some folks were mentioning that acronis does not correctly preserve alignment information.

thanks.

Thanks for the reply, but i think i may not have stated my issue properly.

I cleared all the partitions, and did a windows 7 install with only the apps i needed. it still takes about 4-5 hrs to get my whole environment setup properly for development.

i want to avoid having to do this all over again if i run hdderase.

so, i would like to image it, run hdderase, and then restore the image.

so, which imaging program does not wreck the partition alignment?

thanks.

tommy

• Corsair Employees

I agree its what I have used and it will not change the partition information, one thing I would suggest is use a desktop top to do the format and then check the performance with Atto or HD Bench to ensure its running properly.

And I did not need to run HDD erase on the two M-64 Drives I have just used Windows 7 to format the partition to different allocation size and then test it with HD Bench.

Archived