Corsair Community

Memory for Core I5 computer

Cahl

Hi guys, making a Bussiness type Core I5 computer soon, and just getting everything sorted, first question, Is there any Value Ram for DDR3 yet? I can't seem to find any so i've gone up to XMS ram, and going for 4GB of that, will this run on Core i5? Or will it need special requirments like Core i7 did? (1.65V). One more, the difference between TW3X4G1333C9A and TW3X4G1333C9? i've read somehwere that the A version is newer, but cannot confirm it. Because I can buy both, I want the newer better version:p:

Yeah, so, thanks guys.

Cahl:sunglasse

Edit - sorry if this is wrong place to post !

• Corsair Employees
Is there any Value Ram for DDR3 yet?

A: The only Value Select DDR3 desktop module we offer would be VS2GB1333D3.

I can't seem to find any so i've gone up to XMS ram, and going for 4GB of that, will this run on Core i5?

A: Just make sure that what ever part you are looking at is 1.65 Volts max.

One more, the difference between TW3X4G1333C9A and TW3X4G1333C9? i've read some where that the A version is newer, but cannot confirm it. Because I can buy both, I want the newer better version

Yeah, so, thanks guys.

A: They are the same part just the A version is a new heat spreader is the only difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just found another question to ask about the memory on the core i5 computer I am making.

I know that you have speific Core I5 memory, but at my local store, the only ram they have there is TW3X4G1333C9DHX, ive looked it up and found that it looks cooler :) and has the DHX, and only runs at 1.6V which is fine for core i5.

The other ram i was looking at was TW3X4G1333C9A, which I don't know what V it runs at but im guessing less than 1.65V and it doesn't have the DHX.

So, will they both be good for Core I5? Or is there another reason you didn't put the DHX ram for core i5, if they are, which would you reccomend, they are a few dollars apart, so price is fine. Can any overclock? Which would be cooler? The main question is which will be more.. stable? Or better suited for the computer.

Thanks

Cahl:sunglasse

Archived