Jump to content
Corsair Community

Really, really dissapointed with Corsair right now


Recommended Posts

A few days ago I purchased a H50 watercooling kit from ZZF for about $97 USD. It finally arrived in the mail today by way of FedEx and upon its arrival I find that the Radiator has a huge scratch on the side, bent fins and a broken i7 retention bracket. For almost $100, I was expecting much more in way of packaging, rather than a plain white box with paper thin plastic dividers.

 

Anyway, calling up ZZF they tell me I must ship my product first before I get a working unit as well as wait 1-2 weeks for a replacement. If I was 'dissatisfied' with the product and wanted a refund, they would charge me a restocking fee. "No thank you" I said, I want the H50 but I will be damned if I have to pay for someone else mistake.

 

Upon calling Corsair just now I was told that I need to apply for an RMA online. I was told I could do this one of two ways using the Corsair site. The kicker? One of the pages does not list watercooling on the drop down menu and the other says that if I need assistance with water, that I must do it in email form.

 

Holy crud am I ever irate. This thing was not cheap for what it is mean to do an I was expecting a little more in the way of professionalism. So what the hell do I do now that I emailed you asking for an advanced RMA? The whole reason for ordering it through ZZF was because they are California based and I needed it by the weekend. :mad:

 

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5111/dsc00337edv.jpg

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/6028/dsc00342vgu.jpg

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5514/dsc00343sny.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will do that, thanks guys. Here are a few things I would like to see changed:

 

  • Clicking on "Water Cooling" on this RMA page asks you to send an email to a faulty address.
  • This other RMA page does not have "Water Cooling" as an option.
  • The lady on the phone, while nice and all, was unable to supply me with an RMA number, but wanted me to call back once I had one in order to upgrade it to Advanced RMA status and then mail that request off along with a note saying that I also want a prepaid shipping label for the broken unit. Why? Why was she not able to handle everything on her own without sending my request to 3 departments?
  • The H50 box is ridiculously flimsy. The current price with CA tax is damn near $100 for it yet it is packaged in a paper thin generic white box and even thinner plastic dividers on the inside.

 

To add on the subject of the packaging; my issue is not with ZZF. To their credit they packaged the Corsair box immaculately. It is the Corsair box that is cheaply put together considering what is inside (LIQUID). As a further side note I would like to add that I was expecting a lot more for $97 considering what I got for $65 in the way of a Thermalright 120 eXtreme. No case stickers, no coupons, no rubber washers to prevent the fan vibration against the case or radiator. Nada. I am uploading a H50 unboxing video at the moment. It should be done in an hour or so. I'll be back to show you exactly what I mean when I say flimsy packaging. :[pouts:

 

[edit]

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udeu0tNZzLs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am very much aware that Corsair does not work on the weekends, but it has been a day now since I filed an online RMA and sent an email to RAM GUY and I have yet to receive so much as an acknowledgment that my request was received.

 

Not to sound rude or anything but I really do want a new unit in my hands no later than 8/21/09. I am tried of being asked to call, to visit web sites to having to resort to email now. With that said I will send another email to RAM GUY using the forum's email feature. I would appreciate it if you write me back the moment you get it / before Monday - as I am sure you use 3 day ground shipping meaning an advance RMA must be shipped out no later than Tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I called today just a few seconds ago and you would NOT believe what I was just told.

 

I was unable to get an advanced RMA, or ANY kind of RMA because you do not have any in stock. "We are having some quality control issues right now and do not know when we will have this item in stock."

 

Now look, I am in dire need to get this sorted out ASAP and this is not helping. I was told Friday by a woman I would be able to get an advance RMA as soon as as I received a number and now I was told by a man that I should just hold on to my broken POS until you have them again. Mind you, I called of my own accord since I have gotten no email from a Custom Service Manager.

 

Time is very much an issue because it has a Mail In Rebate that needs to be mailed out and I can not do this since it involves cutting up the box. Once I cut it up I will be unable to return it which means I may very well end up with a $97 paper weight. If you do not have any in stock, how about YOU pay to have this thing shipped back to your HQ and YOU pay me what I paid ZZF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just thought of something while waiting for a response on these forums. Is there any way I can get a replacement LGA 1366 bracket to use while I 'wait' for more kits to be 'in stock'? The radiator is cosmetically damaged , but it should still work.

 

One of my concerns is the sound of water swishing around within the radiator. It is my understanding that a water cooling kit should be filled up fully (no air) and that it should make no sound when shaken as a result. Is this correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry about that but if they do not have stock they would not do the Request because it would lock up your CC till the other part is returned. I have asked the Customer Service Manager to look into this and see if there anything that can be done.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, if an RMA hoses your rebate, we'll resolve it for you. You do not need the UPC code to return the product to us. So, if you are concerned about the rebate, I'd go ahead and submit it unless you plan to return to ZZF.

 

Also, it's odd to me that ZZF is going to charge a restocking fee on a damaged product. I'd pursue that as it sounds incorrect to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you again fellows, and thanks RAMGUY. I caught your message on my Cell once I started to charge it up. Sorry I missed it.

 

I do not plan on returning it to ZZF, I really want this to work as other, more trust worthy sources, confirm that the H50 does indeed cool as well as a TRUE especially in a low air flow case such as mine. ZZF customer service informed me that I would have to pay to ship the product back to them and that I would have to pay a restocking fee if I wanted a refund. I was then redirected to ZZF's return policy online.

 

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Service/Return.jsp

 

If I wont encounter any problems by mailing off the rebate now and then waiting for the new part to come in directly from Corsair then that makes me feel a little better and I think that may be what I end up doing. I also feel better in knowing that the first person I talked to today over the phone did in fact acknowledge problems with these units and that it is being looked into. How much is it being looked into? I have no idea, but suffice to say that they are aware which is a step in the right direction.

 

I guess my last question for now is 'when'? Let me explain.

 

When I purchased another name brand PSU I was told my a number of friends I should have gone with Corsair - that everything about the PSUs sold by you screams quality. I was told how they come packaged with velvet bags which hold unused cables and the like. Take a look: http://www.viddler.com/explore/TestFreaks/videos/33/

 

By comparison the H50 seems OEM-ish and I would not doubt that the majority of problem Corsair is experiencing is due to the lackluster packaging. I digress. If being asked to wait means that Corsair will be putting out a quality product that is going to be packaged as such then I am all for waiting a while (within limit). If I am to be sent another OEM-like box with a H50 inside then I would hope it would be within this month. I hope this is not to much to ask.

 

Thank you again for your assistance thus far :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got off the phone with ZZF a while ago. They insist I only have two options:

 

  1. Pay out of my pocket to send it back and wait for a new unit to arrive.
  2. Pay out of my pocket to send it back and be charged a 15% restocking fee for a refund.

 

Anger and frustration? You bet ya. :mad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first time I called on Friday I spoke to a nice lady who told me to apply for an RMA online before I called again to get it raised to an advance RMA and to get a pre-paid return label.

 

The second time I called on Friday I spoke to who I believe was the same lady. I told her I was unable to file for an RMA on either of the two online forms because "Water Cooling" was not an option presented in either. She told me to go ahead and mark it as a "Power Supply" and enter the H50's model number on the "Other" text field.

 

The third time I called on Monday I spoke to a man who wanted to know right off the bat what item it was I wanted an advance RMA for. I told him it was the H50, he waited a few seconds and came back saying that Corsair is having some quality issues with this unit and they are working on it. He then said they did not have any in stock and told me I would be notified when they would so I can (re)start the RMA process.

 

Other than you taking the time to fill me in on my voice-mail, no one from Corsair has talked to me (yet), nor have I may any other calls to Corsair. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no idea what the holdup is, but I already stated that sending it to ZZF is not an option. I do not see why I should be the one who has to pay so much as a penny to ship a product back to anyone and then possibly be faced with a 15% restocking fee (~$14) for someone else's mistake. If what I was told is true, that all current H50's that are floating around in retail have a large percent to come up just as bad as the one I have now, I would rather get one directly from Corsair anyway.

 

I think we are having some type of communication problem(s) here. Tomorrow marks 1 week since I received my $97 paper weight. So far I would say I have been pretty civil about this whole ordeal. If I do not get some type of resolution by tomorrow I plan on calling every day until it is or at least get a solid ETA on new units. I do not appreciate being bounced around from person to person, company to company or RMA site to RMA site. I have had enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only rumored issue I heard of was with a small initial batch of the H50s having screws not being completely flush. I believe your issue is completely different. Was there any damage to the outside of the white Corsair box?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corsair Employees

I am sorry but that would need to be dealt with by our customer service it would be best if you call in and talk to our customer service to get a resolution.

Please call them at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext "3" and then ask for a supervisor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you again guys. :)

 

I spoke to Kim this afternoon and I feel better now as she managed to answer all my questions and addressed all my concerns. I was told I could go ahead and mail off my busted up H50 now and wait a bit for a new one to arrive. She says she has received no notification that she was to get in contact me, but provided much needed solace when it came to my other concerns.

 

I have sent our customer service manager an email and asked her to contact you ASAP

 

have you talked to them I asked then more then once to contact you.

 

So I guess I have a bit of waiting on my hands. I will be dropping off my H50 this weekend (so I no longer have to look at it) and then wait for the new one to come in. I asked her if I could possibly have someone inspect the new unit before shipping and she replied with an emphatic "yes" - that this was the reason for the long delay. This to me sounded fantastic as this was the main reason I did not want to send it off to ZZF.

 

I am confident now that when I do get my new unit, that it will work right out of the box. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...