Corsair Community

Makes twice corsiar has lied to me

allen41547

This is my second RMA threw corsiar and probably my last. If customer support cannot tell the truth I want nothing to do with this company again.

I put in a RMA last week for 2x2 gig 8500 memory that was dead called them up and was told they ordered the memory I need and would be here monday8/10, talked to them on the phone 8/7/09 last friday, they send me an e-mail saying gonna be a while. Did they think I was going to just throw $100 away and forget it or what?

This is my second RMA threw Corsair and probably my last. If customer support cannot tell the truth I want nothing to do with this company again.

I put in a RMA last week for 2x2 gig 8500 memory that was dead called them up and was told they ordered the memory I need and would be here monday8/10, talked to them on the phone 8/7/09 last friday, they send me an e-mail saying gonna be a while. Did they think I was going to just throw $100 away and forget it or what?

Can you please take this up with Customer Service? We'll gladly assist here as much as possible but, the forum is for Technical Support issues and Customer Service is the part of the process that handles RMAs, shipping, etc.

I'd suggest you request a supervisor: http://www.corsair.com/contact/default.aspx

I can take it up with every forum Im a member of if need be, they blew me off like a sack of old rags on the phone just now. This is only tech issues huh, so if we have a problem with support dont tell us tell them.

You are not understandting what I posted. I'm not telling you where you can or cannot or should or should not post. I am trying to help you get your problem resolved the fastest way possible. Since all I know is your forum name, I have no customer name or RMA number with which I can assist you. So, the best way for you to get resolution is to do what I said above. That's the goal here, customer service and satisfaction. But, the people that will make that happen at this stage of your specific situation are in Customer Service, not here in this forum.

Thanks for your concern specmike but ive already been on the phone with them and they said sorry your system is down it will be at least tuesday before we get your memory. Just a little pissed I hate being lied to. I specifically asked the customer support gal if I needed to buy a couple sticks of cheap ram until she could get the memory I needed. She said it wouldnt be a problem dont buy any. I understand it can take time for a RMA just dont lie to me.

RMA#1118829

It does help and I thank you personally specmike, what I want to know is how did the memory suddenly appear from nowhere?

If I had to guess, that's likely the mistake I was referring to. The people handling your RMA are reliant on globally processed information. 1 goof up on "in stock" status could easily cause this. And, we tend to be conservative on our estimates for shipping RMAs. We'll err to the side of caution so we ship early as opposed to shipping late. That way you are hopefully pleasantly surprised when it shows up early as opposed to shipping late. ::pirate::

memory arrived yesterday around 12 runs fine in the dfi 965p motherboard with a q6600. i want to thank specmike and ramguy for their patience with me. I would suggest you guys work customer support instead of tech support they really need the help. Maybe Im just used to dealing with newegg, thats customer support!!!!!

• Corsair Employees
Allen I am sorry you had trouble but it sounds like it has been resolved and I will talk to the customer service manager and ask them to review their policies and practices but as Specmike had stated they will often time's will be more relaxed with ETA estimates. We have three hubs were an order can go out from and it can be entered at any location so again as Specmike stated the timings have been an issue and we will often times give eta's a few more days to be safe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

I am sorry we can no longer check RMA status in Tech Support; please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or 510-657-8747 Ext “3” or send them an email (rmaservice@corsairmemory.com) with your RMA# and ask them for the status!

P.S. I did send them a message and asked them to contact you with an update but as of now it does not show that we received your package.

Archived