Corsair Community

Asus Striker Extreme and 2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-6400C5

MANNY PACHECO

Hi every body, new to the site. i have been searching alot but getting different results. looking for bios specs. for my system if i miss any information please check system specs.

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 cpu multiplier = 11

this gives me 3.66 ghz

still working on correct specs and voltages for this overclocking, need help

total of 8gb xms2 ram

2 match pair cm2x2048-6400c5 5-5-5-12

2 match pair cm2x2048-6400c5 5-5-5-18 1.8 volts

this info is right on the lable but same part number different specs. and corsair says it should be 1.9 volts. confused, need help setting this up with correct specs and voltages.

memtest 86+ 2.11 erros on test 7 and 8

but want it to make sure my bios settings were correct before doing anything else. your help is greatly appriciate THANK YOU. :confused:

• Corsair Employee
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

thanks for the reply, but what do mean by NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts .

in the bios i see NB and it starts at 1.xx volts not +.2 and i can't see MCH and

SPP. also i put memory settings unlinked FSB at 1333 and ddr fhz at 667 is that what you meant.

do i leave mem timings on auto

• 5 weeks later...

Archived