Corsair Community

4095MB Reported? where did the last Mb go?

mclarenvj

Hi, I own Corsair Dominator Twin2x4096-8500C5D (rest of PC Spec is in the System Spec).

It really bugs me sometimes that while it used to report 4096Mb in Windows 7 64-Bit, and now it only reports 4095Mb.

I also own Corsair Dominator Twin2x2048-8500C5D, and when I use those, the full 2048Mb is reported in Windows 7 64-Bit.

Also, I have quite a few instability issues, which i personally think is just the huge mass of dust we have in our house because we're having an extension built...

I only seem to get instability issues after continuous use, the only way to cure it is leaving my PC off for about 30mins which gets rather frustrating.

should I do this after my extension and there is probably a more likely chance of not crashing..?, i'll run memtest on 1 module tomorrow with 533Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.1v for 5 hours? and then switch over the module and run it again for 5 hours.?

ok i found the old picture i took that included all my RAM Modules running at 5-5-5-15, 2.1V, 533Mhz

the Ram Modules were

Corsair Dominator Twin2x2048-8500C5D

Corsair Dominator Twin2x4096-8500C5D (The modules i'm currently testing, as I only use these now)

Archived