Corsair Community

Troubles with memory placement on motherboard

WoAnerges

lol advanced CPU cooler'n'MSI: black humor guys.. Troubles with memory placement..

looks like advanced CPU cooler making team are very fun team lol what can i say else!

but MSI is breaking black humor limits team!!!! i'm confused - is it stupiditism or theyre reeely are funniest ECM development team.. :'D :'(

i will provide you with pictures.

as you can see, MSI team think that placement of 4 DDR3 slots in 5mm from AM3 slot is very cool and fun! so anyone, who have a cool CPU fans, will be very busy with placment of it lol:

standart AMD fan, that cames with CPU very noisy....very-very-noisy..unlike advanced CPU cooler fan

STANDART CPU FAN (CAMES WITH CPU) EVERYTHING FITS!:

http://s41.radikal.ru/i093/0908/39/9586ac024bb4t.jpg

advanced CPU cooler FAN AND MSI MOTHERBOARD:

http://s50.radikal.ru/i128/0908/72/15194f188770t.jpg

advanced CPU cooler FAN AND MSI MOTHERBOARD (CLOSER VIEW ON CONFLICT):

http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/0908/db/8870823fbbfdt.jpg

advanced CPU cooler FAN AND MSI MOTHERBOARD (CLOSER VIEW OF CONFLICT (FRONT VIEW)):

http://s39.radikal.ru/i083/0908/df/e560b12dfba3t.jpg

and what now should i do? is memory placement fine? or placement in 2-3-4 slots unlike 1-2-3 slots reduces speed or somewhat?

:\

• Corsair Employees

This is a question for the MB maker but I would suggest using another type of CPU Fan.

And please do not go around the filter, you will be banned by doing so and I will not have any choice in the issue.

Why would you use a 3 stick set of memory intended for triple channel systems on a dual channel system?

Also, the CPU cooler may fit better turned 90 degrees. May have to place the fan on the other side of the heatsink (opposite the memory slots).

Why would you use a 3 stick set of memory intended for triple channel systems on a dual channel system?

Also, the CPU cooler may fit better turned 90 degrees. May have to place the fan on the other side of the heatsink (opposite the memory slots).

lol then back fan on case (red) vill blow to the left while CPU fan will blow to the right :D :D :D

you think it's fun? no it is not.

tripple channel quattro chanel..whatever?

i think it's just an marketing trick. what alternative you can recommend for my MB, my friend? thank you.

Reverse one of the fans if possible. Either way it may unblock that slot.

There is no such thing as Dual / Triple Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual or triple channel.

However, dual / triple channel mode is indeed a real thing. Ultimately running 3 sticks on a dual channel system may be only running in single channel mode due to the 3rd stick not having a matched stick to work with (oversimplification of the architecture).

man, are you trying to call n00bical headache with those "scientific" words?

is somewhere maybe some corsair memory model >6gb for this Mboard. maybe i'll make some swap?

if i turn around red fan, it will start to blow in case and aerocooling will be patological. in ideal: front fan or two move air into ECM's chassiss and synchronically one or two fans on rear panel blows air otuside from the case so we getting the best cooling - linear air cooling. but if i change blow direction of one of them then no linear cooling, no cool, yes bad, yes cry..

i think that this model of cpu fan is real piece of *****.

oh yes and i can only use two positions of fan: with fan, that looking up and with fan that looking down - it's because ofam3 slot construction and fan engineering (black humor) crew. lol, theyre are lols. msi love nature, green grass and dividing with it with fan makers lmao.

yeah, that topic need some action :D

WoAnerges: They don't make sticks bigger than 2 GB currently.

Ram Guy: He said he can only mount it up / down, not left / right. Also says moving the fan will blow either air into the oncoming path of another fan, or they'll suck air from the same place, not blow air in the same direction.

As for the rest:

dictionary for the win

sniffing paint = bad, m'kay

OMGWTFBBQDITR

I just wanted to give my non-biased opinion here.

This forum is for memory... specifically ram. The guys who are getting paid to answer your questions are getting paid ONLY to answer your RAM questions, however they are pretty cool and will help you out with other stuff too! Your problem isn't really a RAM problem, as your RAM is working fine, thus there isn't going to be any magic sollution provided here. The problem seems to be a cooling-fan issue OR a motherboard issue. Dual channel and Tripple channel buffering is not a gimmick amigo hahaha. It relates to the way your motherboard's memory controller communicates with the RAM sticks. The simplest way I can explain it is: it works basically like a RAID 0 hard-drive configuration. The more RAM sticks you have channelled together, the more efficiently they can process data. Because of this, it is often times better to have an even number of sticks rather than an odd number of sticks if your motherboard is designed for dual-channelling. That is why RAM is usually sold in 2-packs(for dual channel mobos) or 3-packs(for tri-channel mobos). In the pictures it looks like your motherboard has 4 slots, which means it is a dual-channel configuration. Thus by having only 3 sticks, you're minimizing your memory efficiency. I recommend you either use 2 slots or 4 slots, but not 3.

The recommendation that was made is probably the best sollution for you man: get a smaller cpu fan! Ya, I know the one you have looks cool and you paid for it, and your air-flow is perfect etc etc etc. But you're blocking a RAM slot and your cool-looking computer is actually going to be a cool-looking turtle because it is not configured properly. Get a new fan, and fill your 4th RAM slot :-)

also: i looked at the pictures and your exhaust fan(red) is blowing against your processor fan which is blowing right into your video card. Honestly it is a horrible setup. you want all of the fans blowing in one direction... in the front, over the HDs, past the processor, and out the back past the power supply.

Archived