Corsair Community

Bad RAM

Deserteagleni

Hi there,

I have built this system and all seemed fine until i upgraded my GFX card and ran some benchmarks (3D Mark 06 and Vantage) and scored rediculously low 14000, which is what i get with my old card (9800GTX) so after messing in bios and other settings etc i bit the bullet and sent my mobo, cpu and video card back to retailer which they have tested and have found no fault and seeing as i did not send my ram they seem to think thats where the problem is .

my computer does not crash, lockup or BSOD the only thing i notice is that it runs a little slow and i know its not a slow system :)

do you think the tech guy is correct ?

mainly because all my other components have now been tested barr my hdd and ram and i doubt its the hdd as its relativly new and i have also tried x2 9800 GTX's in SLI and get the same results as i would with just 1

and yes because i have really low benchmark scores :) , i have done some googling and everyone who has similar systems to mine are scoring in the region of 19000 i however only get 14000 , with a 295 GTX , 9800gtx and 2 9800 gtx's in sli

i have x4 1Gb sticks of the dominator if this is any help

thankyou for your reply

• Corsair Employees
mainly because all my other components have now been tested barr my hdd and ram and i doubt its the hdd as its relativly new and i have also tried x2 9800 GTX's in SLI and get the same results as i would with just 1

and yes because i have really low benchmark scores :) , i have done some googling and everyone who has similar systems to mine are scoring in the region of 19000 i however only get 14000 , with a 295 GTX , 9800gtx and 2 9800 gtx's in sli

i have x4 1Gb sticks of the dominator if this is any help

A: I would suggest checking the Nvidia forums about that as I remember that was a known issue with these cards. In additon, if you install other memory does the results change?

Hi there,

I have built this system and all seemed fine until i upgraded my GFX card and ran some benchmarks (3D Mark 06 and Vantage) and scored rediculously low 14000, which is what i get with my old card (9800GTX)

Have you used a driver cleaning tool to COMPLETELY remove the old Nvidia driver? Moving from 1 series of card and driver to a new series can sometimes cause issues.

Have you used a driver cleaning tool to COMPLETELY remove the old Nvidia driver? Moving from 1 series of card and driver to a new series can sometimes cause issues.

yes ive use driver sweeper and im now ready to try voodoo or beat the ****** out of it with its own manual :)

Archived