Corsair Community

Overclocking Memory Channel

lordgortex

I have got 2 x 2gb corsair xms 6400 memory 1.9v but my gigabyte m720-us3 motherboard supports 1.8v memory , can anybody tell me how to overclock the memory channel so I can get it working as I am not an overclocker :(: , I am not a total Virgin as i have built this system but Overclocking is still a bit of a dark art to me :laughing: , thanx for any help you can offer:D:

Thanx for the advice , Gave the CTRL F1 a go , set to auto and the memory voltage came down to 1.856v , so tried ninus 2-4 % and still at 1.856 ,tried plus 2-4 % and no change , It has to be said I am sure if i am supposed to be going plus or minus so I didnt go any further , its pretty scary when you dont know what your doing:eek: , if you can give me any more advice I would be grateful :sunglasse

Got them from Aria so will RMA there , but can you tell me if my motherboard will run 4gb of this memory as it is not listed as supported on the Gigabyte web site , Its running the good 2gb stick fine , but I cant just assume that 4 gb will ,I just want an easy life :biggrin:

Oh yeah , Aria and Corsair say this is 1.9v Memory but its got 1.8v ver 4.1 written on the stick who is right ?

Just checked your Memory Configurator and my motherboard isnt listed , does this matter?

Thanx

Archived