Corsair Community

Wont post properly with Dominator

dom_ram

Specs below.

Problem; Wont post properly. LCD Display stops at "DET DRAM" so it seems it cant detect the memory sticks. Sometimes after a few restarts it suddenly goes on, I go to BIOS to give it some more volt and it posts. After a while I get the famous blue screen "Dumping memory" etc.

Funny thing is that they can sometimes work like a charm. I have 8GB total and have tried with both 2, 4, 6 and 8 GB installed. No difference noted so far.

When I install my old ******** 6400 sticks, it always post and work with no problem nor blue screen.

I was thinking defect sticks but if so they would not work at all, I guess?

I have (as mentioned) tried to give the sticks some more juice (volt) and also some overclocking to see if some more boost would help, but no luck, really.

Vista 64bit OS was installed with only 2GB, I have SP1 installed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance ;):

Ps! When they work, they really work! Great sticks I must say!

• Corsair Employee
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Thanks for answer. You must be a busy man with all those answers :D:

Or it might be a team for all I know.

Anyway; you mean I should send them back to you in CA? Im in Norway and the RAM over here is probably cheaper than sending it all the way over there :biggrin:

I think I should be able to sort this out somehow, but maybe with a little help. As mentioned, they have been running pretty good now and then, so Im guessing BIOS and some extra volt would do them some good?

Any suggestions on settings I could try? Im familiar with overclocking so feel free.

The "Express/Auto support" in your link didnt provide any clear answers to this exact problem, Im afraid.

Archived