Corsair Community

Question about Corsair RAM and motherboard compatability.

hamelthegreat

Hello. I am new here and a novice when it comes to forums in general, so I apologize if this question has already been answered and I've failed to find it.

I have been in the process of building a new computer and although I know some about computers, I am not an expert. I am looking to buy a set of DDR3 1600 Corsair RAM located at this link: TR3X6G1600C8D.

My question is, will this RAM be compatible and fully functional with a motherboard that does not have the standard memory type of 1600. For example, would the motherboard located at this link: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P which has a memory standard of DDR3 2100+/1333 or this link: Asus P6T which has a memory standard of DDR3 2000 (O.C) / 1866 (O.C) / 1333 work normally with the Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM without having to do any special BIOS work or overclocking done to it? If this is the case, awesome; but if not, what would needed to be done in the BIOS to make it work correctly?

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Asus P6T

The Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P supports up to 2100+, and the Asus P6T supports up to 2000, so yes. They don't skip over 1600 or anything.

Note that since the memory controller is in the CPU, that's what largely will limit your speed. Both will run that memory just fine. All you should have to do is set the XMP and that's it. If for some reason you can't, then just set the speed / timings / voltage manually.

Archived