Corsair Community

CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 Memtest Errors

Transcon

Hello,

I left an RMA request a couple of days ago via the online form, I called on Monday to confirm receipt of said request. I was told it was not on file, but she would take my information, I was given a Case # 1071085.

I tried to log on today to get an update and I get the message that the case number and/or password are incorrect.

I was never given a password and the Case number doesn't work. I have not received an RMA via email to return these modules, what do I have to do now?.

Background info, The system will not boot into windows Vista 64 bit. I ran memtest and received close to 3,000 errors during the first two tests before the system locks up.

Thank you

Mike

• Corsair Employees
The email is sgt.swannick@ your company is that correct? and the pass word will be automatically generated when you go to log in there is a link that says I forgot my pass word use that to get the pass word to log in and I have resent the RMA to your Email please check your spam filter to be sure its not getting marked as spam.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I sent the memory modules overnight and you received them on 8/21/2009, it states 24 to 48 hours for an update, yet nothing has been updated. When can I expect an update/delivery of the replacement RAM modules?. I'm working off a laptop, my main computer is offline.

Thank you

Mike

RMA Status for TSX Case #1071085 [ Go to your case ]

Thank you for choosing Corsair products! The following is the status of your RMA Number 1118945.

RMA Issued On: 8/10/2009

Defective Parts Received on: 8/21/2009

* NOTE: it may take up to 24 hours for this date to be updated after arrival at Corsair

Part Number Received: N/A

Quantity Received: N/A

RMA Replacement Parts Ship Date: N/A

Replacement Part Number: N/A

Replacement Part Quantity: N/A

Replacement Shipping Method: N/A

Replacement Shipping Tracking Number: N/A

Hello,

After waiting almost a month for my replacement memory from Corsair, I got them yesterday. I ran memtest and got the following.

http://www.rmfc.us/photos/Memory.jpg

Unless I'm doing something wrong, I cannot believe you sent me the same version as the ones I returned (Ver. 2.1).

I know there have been numerous problems with the Elpida “Hyper” based ICs, so I know that the problem would still exists in the same version number, so why would you send me the same version since they have problems?.

Hello,

Well, I just tested all three module in every slot. Two out of the three modules work fine, one module gives me errors, every time in every slot.

------------------------------

I conducted the following tests:

------------------------------

Tested one module, one at a time, in each slot. Two of the three memory sticks tested ok in all three slots. One module had errors in all three slots.

Tested the two good modules in slots one and two, they tested ok.

Tested the two good modules in slots two and three, they tested ok.

Archived