Corsair Community

HX620 diagnosis

Catzcradle

I've recently had my motherboard replaced under warranty (Asus p5Q Deluxe) and this morning my system went flakey on me. Here is what happened.

System booted normally, got into windows, then blink, system turned off. Power button completely unresponsive, but lights on the mobo were on. Turned the PSU off, then back on. Hit power button, fans spun up for a second, then everything off, then back on, then finally off for good. cycled the power switch on the psu again, system then powered on, off, then on to full boot. System is currently running fine. (so far for an half-hour since this happened)

Talked to Asus Tech Support, they suggested I swap the power supply, and check for grounding problems. So since the system is running, is there some way to determine if the PSU is having a problem without buying a new one?

I can swap PSu's with my wifes system, she's got a HX520 in her rig. Will the 520 provide enough power for my HD4870 (single) If/when it flakes out again, I'll give that a shot. Her system is nearly identical to mine, but with only a HD1950.

Archived