Corsair Community

HX850 buzzing, PC [OFF] Break-switch [ON]

retro41

Buzzing all day long since I got it, minus a day where it wasn't audible from where I sit.

I took the time to record what I'm hearing for clarification of an abnormality/fault.

I plugged in my old PSU: Xilence 1000W, which makes no sound when break switch is off at all not a zip. Switch the PSU on at the switch and it makes some noise, but its 1/10th as loud(cannot hear it unless complete silence and ear is right on the air-vent)

Where-as this noise is audible when the PC is on, even with my 2900xt which is very noisey idle.

(video with sound)

The buzzing audibility starts around 26/27 seconds, then is very recognisable from then on in.

Some feedback if you would be so-kind?

Some feedback if you would be so-kind?

I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I think it is feedback from somewhere. Need to identify the sources. Try disconnecting things from your PC until the noise goes away.

I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. I think it is feedback from somewhere. Need to identify the sources. Try disconnecting things from your PC until the noise goes away.

It's been disconnected from my PC and its happily buzzing away to itself, on its own

Did you solve yours?

I did not solve mine....yet.

oh if u ever find out the cause drop me a msg.

i get my 4890 from rma on tuesday, ill end up living with the buzzing if its tolerable then.

p.s

do you game with ur system? im guessing u do, if so what games u play?

oh if u ever find out the cause drop me a msg.

i get my 4890 from rma on tuesday, ill end up living with the buzzing if its tolerable then.

p.s

do you game with ur system? im guessing u do, if so what games u play?

Well--since being laid off from work I have been searching for a new job more than gaming. I was playing older games -- UT3, Doom3 and Crysis.

PSU seems to be behaving today. This is all very confusing, leaving it plugged in with breaker switch ON for a day or two and it doesnt buzz loud :/

------------

Yeah I guess I could do that but everything has a limit, so im thinking there is a quota on that aswell.

Even getting a place in Uni is tough so I've heard in the papers, more-so than usual.

I think myself lucky im already in a course.

You'd be surprised how many people don't use the staffing options though.

PSU didnt buzz loud tonight either, weird, see what its like in the morning.

there is a module for business skills and advice, might start a business or just go freelance not sure. prefer to join a team though.

anyone used overclockers.co.uk?

im very annoyed with my rma.

Archived