Corsair Community

ABS 695 + H50? 140mm v 120mm Fans?

Speedi

I see a problem in trying to put this into my ABS 695 case... all of the fans in my case are 140mm, not 120mm. :sigh!:

I have already ordered a TRUE, but then started reading some information regarding the H50. The H50, IMO, would be much better for me since my case stands vertical and there will no doubt be stresses with a 1+ lb assembly standing off the processor mount.

I had much rather use the H50, if it'll work... but from a quick glance, the radiator assembly is strictly 120mm and it seems like I'm hosed on that front.

Ideas? Suggestions?

• Corsair Employee
Unless you can find an adapter bracket (or make one) that would let you convert a 140mm mount to a 120mm, then there may be no place to mount the radiator and fan assembly. you will either need to use a different case, or get creative with the mounting of the H50.

Unless you can find an adapter bracket (or make one) that would let you convert a 140mm mount to a 120mm, then there may be no place to mount the radiator and fan assembly. you will either need to use a different case, or get creative with the mounting of the H50.

I did manage to find a 140mm to 120mm adapter. Since it's an ABS Canyon 695, the likelihood of me buying another case is very slim. :D:

I went ahead and ordered the H50, so I am crossing my fingers that all will be good. Just trying to think how this mount will occur... was thinking this setup using an exhaust, not intake, setup.

<- 140mm Fan <- [140mm <-> 120mm] <- H50 Radiator <- 120mm Fan

Think that will work?

Will let you know. Parts are in transit, right now. I ended up returning the TRUE as that thing is just absolutely massive. No wonder it keeps your car, I mean computer :roll:, cool... the thing is as large as an automative radiator! :bigeyes:

I may end up going back to it, if this H50 doesn't work out, but I'm thinking it will be fine.

Are we talking about the pressure for the radiator at this point or between the the two fans? I'm not sure about the back-to-back fan setup... seems like that might be counter since there is only 1 to 1.5 cm between them. :confused:

I received the H50 yesterday morning, but of course I was at work. Will do the install today. I'm really going to hate taking the system board out and putting on the motherboard back-plate! :sigh!:

Alright, it has been done! I installed the H50 into my ABS Canyon 695 by replacing the top 140mm intake fan with the 140mm->120mm converter, then installing the Corsair 120mm fan + Radiator combination. Very nice.

With this installation, my Core i7 CPU core temps have dropped 20 degrees C, to 40 degrees according to Real Temp 3.0; PC Probe says the CPU is 35 degrees C. My stock Intel heatsiknk had my CPU at 60 degrees C at idle! So, a 20 degree C, or 68 degree F, drop with this H50 install. That is CRAZY! My north and south bridge temps are higher than this!

I suppose the biggest pain in the neck was having to take out my system board in order to install the backplate. Man, I had to unplug and uninstall the entire board. I LOVE the idea of the "CPU Door" on the upcoming Corsair 800D. I'll get one of these when I replace my other computer's smaller case, but I digress. ;):

I have attached pictures of the install for those who may have run across the same dilemma I had with the 140mm case fans.

IMG_7464_50.thumb.jpg.f706c6a3af53b32d4ec58f0d976e48f7.jpg

IMG_7474_50.thumb.jpg.5e0bfea14e4e0c43a0c27578a6594a8c.jpg

IMG_7477_50.thumb.jpg.11159bb76260da160a4b54b5df7f1ee6.jpg

IMG_7478_50.thumb.jpg.0221a24a157125b6502b1ff264933421.jpg

IMG_7482_50.thumb.jpg.5f130ed63874f326e0adf5d4a82d7d1f.jpg

That's interesting.. and I thought about doing the push/pull configuration, but as you can see, it's already sticking into the case. If I add the 140mm back in, then it will then go another 2.5 cm into the case.

Another interesting note; when I put the front air filter and front cover onto the case, my CPU temp goes up 6C to 41C. I take off the filter + front cover, it goes back down to 38C. This, mind you, is with both side-panels installed. :confused: Does this really restrict the airflow from outside that much?

I just received a pair of Scythe Slipstream Kaze 1900 RPM fans for which I was going to do the push/pull. These suckers are supposed to move 110.31CFM for 120mm fans.

I'm going to read and see how much air the stock Corsair fan moves before I rip it out.

Archived