Corsair Community

BSOD Windows 7 RTM

Aadder

Downloaded on Thursday Windows 7 Ultimate x64 from MS. During installation Windows 7 would blue screen with some sort of memory error. Though never had this problem within Windows Vista Ultimate x64. In order to get the computer to install and be stable I had to run the memory at 1066Mhz. So not sure why that might be. The original configuration was using X.M.P. Profile set at 1600Mhz. I would like to be able to run the memory at 1600Mhz once again.

Not mixing memory its all the same memory. The reason I went for this memory is that I got it from Micro Center for $100.00 each kit. Can I get the other kit for that price? I doubt it since 4gig sticks are insanely costly.

Corsair's 12 GB kits are 6 x 2 GB, so the cost is probably similar, but it's 6 sticks guaranteed to work together @ the same speed, versus what you have now which isn't.

They can be same memory but not the same version.

All of the modules are matching. They all have the same manufacturing date. Year 09, Week 12

All the memory passes when using R.S.T. PRO3 from Ultra-X. This is the same board that Corsair uses in there labs to validate there memory.

• Corsair Employees

But you are still mixing two sets and I am sorry but that is not part of the warranty. They are only guaranteed to run at the tested settings with how they are sold or with one set.

With 6 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR1066 or DDR1333 and set the memory Voltage to 1.65 Volts and set the QPI Voltage to +.2 Volts (1.5-1.7 Volts) as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived