Corsair Community

2 Modules better than 4?

kakahara

Hi Ram Guy!

When I RMA'd my TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF modules a few weeks ago, I decided to get some TWIN2X2048-8500C5D to use in the meantime. Now I have the TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF back from Corsair (thanks very much by the way), I'd like to use all 4 modules, so I can use 6gigs of RAM.

So I tried it and I'm getting random crashes all the time. (Argh! even while typing this in firefox.)

So, any suggestions to get all modules playing nicely together?

A few things to consider though please, I'm using Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboard. The TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF are revision 3.1, the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D are revision 2.1 and running all of them at 1066 and 5-5-5-15 would be great.

I'd rather buy a new/better/different motherboard which can handle 4 modules at this speed and settings than run with only 4gigs of ram.

Yes, any advice would be appreciated :biggrin:

If you mix memory you would likely be limited to DDR667 or DDR800, I would suggest going with one of our 8 Gig Kits like Q2X8G6400C4DHX

Is there any chance Corsair will be putting an 8GB kit on the QVL for the Asus P5Q Pro Turbo mobo?:roll:

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but no we do not submit our memory to any MB maker for them to qualify. ASUS has either purchased the modules or done a trade with our marketing department for the modules they have listed.

I am sorry but no we do not submit our memory to any MB maker for them to qualify. ASUS has either purchased the modules or done a trade with our marketing department for the modules they have listed.

Ok, thanks. I really want 8GB, but these four modules aren't playing nice together, and I hate the idea of ebaying them and buying somebody else's 4GB x 2 modules. :(:

Archived