Corsair Community

Computer Crashes constantly, memory issue

ardalan

My problem is that it craches all the time.

when i have both of the memory cards in it hangs more frequently, but when i have only one it took a bit longer. This was under Vista, and ive been only using one of the memory cards for a hole year. Last month i installed Windows 7, and it can crash after 5 minutes now.

Ive had the mobo tested at the store i bought it and they found no problems, they even tested it with my memory cards. But im not sure that they tested it, since i did not buy them there.

I believe that its the memory cards. Ive allso tested the computer with MemTest88 (something like that name), and it found fault.

Ive come to the conclusion that the Motherboard default memory voltage is 1.5 and the memories require 1.7.

I have now changed the voltage to 1.7v and now the computer blue-screens.

Is there anything else i need to change, like the timing and such????

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.7 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.7 Volts xxxxxxxx.

I have the latest BIOS and have the default settings.

ive also tested the memorys with memtest, both of them together, in different slots, and same test with each test for it selfe on different slots and so on. it always returned in the same error.

I then returned the Motherboard to the store wich i bought it from and they did not find any fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Three days ago i went and bought a new RAM,

Quenstone ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 1GB, CL9,

Non-ECC, 1.5V, 128Meg x 64, 240pin

http://www.ec.Quenstone.com/ecom/configurator_new/PartsInfo.asp?root=us&LinkBack=http://www.Quenstone.com&ktcpartno=KVR1333D3N9/1G

for 30 dollars, (26euro)

PS: i changed the namne to QUENSTONE from K-STON :)

Now my computer works fine, it hasnt stalled or crashed since i installed it.

So im guessing its either my memmorys that are botched oooor its the communication between the motherboard and the memmories.

Any ideas???

• Corsair Employees

You still have not answered these questions, and until we know more about the settings there is not a lot more we can do. However the modules you have Tw3X4G1333C9DHX require more voltage and if you did not set the memory Voltage and timings manually that is likely why they were failing.

What was the errors you got on what test? And what were the exact settings you had set for both CPU and memory?

Archived