Corsair Community

How can I tell if my Voyager 16GB GT is real or fake?

neK

Ive just bought a Corsair 16Gb GT yesterday from a reputable PC store (i buy heaps of stuff off them, never a problem).

I plug this 16gb GT in and start to copy files (dumped several 3gb video files).

But im not sure if this is a real one or a fake, because the blue LED is off when not in use (which is normal), but when copying it stays on as opposed to flashing on and off.

Tried this on 3 PC's and have the same issues. My other Corsair voyagers (non GT - I have 1gb, 2gb, 4gb versions too) and these all have the blue flashing when copying files.

I had a read of this site, everything seems to be in order except for the flashing. Guess im just looking for some reassurance.

http://reviews.ebay.ie/How-To-Spot-Fake-Corsair-Flash-Drives_W0QQugidZ10000000011210190

Also what other tests can i put it through to confirm if the usb is a real one.

Thanks

I got a fake from ebay..

I sent it to Corsair because it was not working right..

I called ebay and got my money back and a coupon for the amount of money it took to sent the drive to Corsair...

Watch out ebay sells alot of fakes....

Where did you purchase the drive from? And are the number stamped on the USB, if so please post the numbers engraved in the USB?

A store called IJK (formerly umart in Sydney). I dont think the store is deliberately selling fakes, though they were selling those "Refurbished" corsair drives with 1 year warranty a while back.

There are numbers engraved on the USB are

EDIT: I just checked Corsair's "Where to buy" retailer list, and IJK is listed as one of the retailers.

Archived