Corsair Community

Corsair TX850 died?? Any suggestions to trouble shoot?

garman

Hey Guys,

Got my new Soundblaster Xtreme gamer today and installed it. First I unplugged the computer, touched the case about 3 times, then grabbed the card from the static bag and put it in the computer. Plugged the TX850 back up and pushed the power button and......nothing!! I thougt maybe it is the card, so I removed it and tried to power my rig back up and still nothing! I removed the 24 pin plug and did the little jumper trick to see if I could here the fans spinning and nothing happened there either. I checked my breaker box and everything is fine. I have my computer plugged into a surge protector, in fact my monitor and speakers are plugged in to it to and they work fine. I also unplugged the computer from the surge protector and plugged it in directly to the outlet and still nothing. Any ideas on what else I could try? Do you think it is the psu?? Help!! My psu is only about 4 months old!

Ok, I unplugged everything and jumped it again...nothing!:(: Will I have to wait for the Ram Guy to get back to me for the RMA? Does anyone know about how long it will take. Ofcourse I am on the east coast and Corsair is on he west cost!:(: I guess I will bite the bullet and send it out 3 day express. Does anyone know about the replacement unit I will receive? I mean is it new like the one I bought, or will they send me a refurb?

Archived