Corsair Community

750tx buzzing/crackling help....

frostman

ok my first psu was a corsair 850w (or 820 cant remember sorry) i plugged it into the wall, not connected to the pc and it buzzes. Its like an electrical clicking noise . when connected to the pc it got louder. Today i got my second corsair psu a 750w tx and the same thing is happening again. Could someone tell me why it is doing this please?

• Corsair Employees
Have you tried it with a different a different wall outlet. If two different units are having the same problem, then that would most likely suggest the power from the wall outlet is not "clean". The clicking/buzzing noise is not normal to the unit, and yours should be replaced. It’s very difficult to test units for audible noise in reality, because Corsair’s test environment has a very clean power source. Many times, the clicking/buzzing noises come from the PFC filter circuitry or components used in the AC-DC conversion process, and these components all can react differently based on how clean the power source is. A unit that performs silently here in the lab may buzz or click in a house with older wiring.

Archived