Corsair Community

VX550W automatic power cycle frequently

Chicheng

I just bought VX550W and VX450W to replace two PSUs which have high +12V ripple. The VX450W works fine, but unfortunately my VX550W gave me automatic power cycle frequently. Four times in five mintues. Sometimes, it doesn’t boot, I have double checked all connectors and cables, but it still happen, then I replaced the VX550W with the old PSU, everything works fine. Obviously, my VX550W is the problem, so I request a replacement for this VX550W.

Note: My old PSU is a 500W power supply.

How long does RMA take? My Home is not very far away from Corsair corporate headquarters (46221 Landing Parkway Fremont, CA 94538). Can I take my VX550W there for replacement? This is faster than shipping it.

• Corsair Employees

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

The turn around time should be approximate 10 business days. It is best to call our RMA department with your RMA# to see if you can setup a drop by appointment.

Archived