Corsair Community

H50 Issue

IK694

So I finished building my new core i7 rig last night and I got everything to book but the LCD poster on my Board told me my Core i7 920 at stock settings was Idle at 85 degrees C so I immediatly shut it down and reseated the cooler. I booted up again and It showed 85 degrees again. So I took it out and put the stock intel heat sink back on and it immediatly went back down to 40 degrees or so. Im using Zalman Thermal paste. It is applied with a nail polish type brush. Applied a thin coat to the Processor and the Bottom of the Waterblock. I did test the H50 in another 3 pin system fan connector and could hear the water moving. But I know its not the 3 pin CPU fan connector because thats what I have the stock intel fan running on and its working. Any Ideas?

the cpu fan socket is a 4 pin and the cooler only uses a 3 pin, I have turned the setting in the bios to 100% and since its not covering the 4th pin which is the controller do you think its still the issue?

• Corsair Employees
I would try a different fan header and see if there is any change. If its not the fan header and you are sure the unit is mounted properly to the CPU, then its the H50 and it would need to be replaced.

Archived