Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C7 and EX58-Extreme

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and (like many before me) I have a problem :(

I have a pair of kits of TR3X6G1600C7 that I'm running on my Gigabyte EX58-Extreme. When I got these a 12GB kit wasn't out (or I didn't see it). Anyway, I'm trying to get these to run at 1600 MHz and I can't get them stable for the life of me.

The short: All sticks pass MemTest at 1600 MHz (either using the XMP settings of 7-7-7-20 or relaxed timings of 9-9-9-24). The system will boot into Windows and run for a random period of time before rebooting itself. Curiously, on one of the test sessions, I ran MemTest for about 10 hours nice and stable, restarted, came into Windows and rebooted before the login screen.

At 1066 and 1333 MHz, the system is rock solid at stock VDimm (1.5) and QPI/Vtt. I'd really like to get these running at 1600 since I'm planning on taking BClk to 200 (and 1333 doesn't play nicely with multipliers) or at least 1200 since that would be easy to work out the multipliers.

I'm looking for guidelines on what timings/voltages should be suitable for these kits at 1200 but more preferably what I can do to get them stable at 1600 without blowing the cap off the QPI voltage (I'd like this system to last a while and 1.35 in the profile is pretty high already). I'll welcome any help that anyone can offer and thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived