Corsair Community

One bad Stick in TR3X6G1866C7GTF

Hey all and RAMGUY,

Purchased this kit in March for new build and finally got around to building. Not new to this!! Finished build today and in bios the amount of mem was 4 gigs. Checked around the internet and just found out the issues with the Dominator GTs. Tested all 3 sticks and found the culprit. Probably need RMA, what are my options. Please help. Thanks.

Jerry Eng

• 3 months later...

Here is my story......

At the moment the system is clean. I am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit retail. I boot from the dvd and during the copying files it BSOD's with this message:

Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area

Stop: 0x00000050

This happens consistingly. Also, I mentioned my build but have only installed minimal components to try and isolate the problem. BSOD still occurs. I also ran memtest for 5hours but did not produce any errors.

With all this, doing research on the net still points to the ram. Please help.

Sorry i missed that. All setting are stock. Mem is using the intel profile. CPU is set to auto and voltage is default.....everything stock!!

THANKS!!

No harm done. I thought the 2 threads might be relevent since you are on your 2nd kit of memory with this same system. It's easier to find the old info if it's all in 1 place.

So, do I understand correctly that your memory is set to use the XMP profile?

Also, describe exactly when the error or errors occur and what you are doing at the time.

Yes it is set t XMP. Well basically i am trying to perform a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64bit retail. During the portion where it is expanding files I get a BSOD.

And thats the furthest i get.....been driving me crazy that i cant figure it out.

thanks yellowbeard

Yes it is set t XMP. Well basically i am trying to perform a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64bit retail. During the portion where it is expanding files I get a BSOD.

And thats the furthest i get.....been driving me crazy that i cant figure it out.

thanks yellowbeard

I still need more details. Are you trying to run RAID-0? If yes, are you loading the RAID driver when prompted?

No, your BIOS needs to show the controller in RAID mode or you cannot do RAID.

During the Windows 7 install at the point where you select the installation location, you have to add a driver for the OS to be able to see the RAID array. These drivers are on your disk that came with your board.

but when it asks to select where to install i see my array, without installing any raid drivers. i do not install any raid drivers.

Please accept my apology ahead of time if I am rude. But, you came here asking for help and I am telling you what is wrong with your install process. I don't understand why we're still posting about this. In the time we have been replying back and forth here, you could have resolved this and had the OS installed.

I have installed Windows 7 to RAID-0 arrays in excess of 25 times. I've done it twice in the last 10 days. YOU NEED TO ADD THE DRIVER!!! THAT'S WHY IT'S ON THE DRIVER DISK!

This is also why Windows 7 has the option to add the driver, as seen below. Windows 7 can see your array prior to driver installation but, it CANNOT address the controller properly without the driver.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6153&stc=1&d=1259128696

66966558_Windows7DriverPrompt.jpg.62e00ea823356f6ed9c4c6ef284b93c0.jpg

by all means i am not thinking your being rude.....i stand mistaken......on your screen shot i just goto new and create a partition and move on to the install process and thats when i get the BSOD......thank you for bringing it to my attention as i would have not even looked at that.....i will try that and let u know the results.....thanks for the help i really appreciate it.

Try these steps:

Enter Intel RAID utility, delete RAID array.

Reboot, set disk controller to IDE mode.

Reboot to Win7 install and see if OS will install to single drive in IDE mode.

Repeat with the other HD.

You don't have to go all the way thru the install process. You are just verifying that you have working HDs.

Archived