Corsair Community

Will the TR3X6G1600C7D run on the GA-EX58-UD5?

Kritscha

Hello

On your webside there are only the 3x2GB Kit TR3X6G1600C7 listed for the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5. My Vendor only sells the dominator version of this ram, so can I use it without having problems?

I hope you can help me out and answer my question.

Ok, Wired, I’m befuddled. In the thread “TR3X6G1600C7D - Dominator or XMS3 Classic” you say that Dominators do exist under that number. In this thread you say Dominators with that number don’t exist????????????

If you mean it’s a memory chip with the specifications of 7.7.7.20 at 1600, dressed up with a Dominator heatsink for better heat dispersion, then I understand. I guess?

If you look on the Corsair Web Site under Dominator, that number is Grayed out, and when you look under Retail Sellers, Corsair has no Retail sellers listed.

But doing a Google search, under Dominators TR3X6G1600C7D. there are over 25 Retailers selling them.

So now I have to ask what did I purchase last week and what do I have on my Gigabyte X58-UD5, that came sealed in a Corsair box, printed Dominator 6GB – 3 x 2GB DDR3, on the bar code label it has the number TR3X6G1600C7D.

To answer Kritscha question in this thread. You have to upgrade your BIOS for the UD5 to the BATA BIOS F8f which has a Fix for the “Elpida “Hyper” memory IC’s”, then they will run at the specified timing of 7.7.7.20 at 1600, without a problem.

Now a question for the Ram Guy. If I had to upgrade my BIOS that included a FIX for the Elpida Hyper chips. Dose this memory fall under the same recall as the Dominator GT?????

If the SPD information in my memory chips is correct, they were manufactured week 15/2009, and have been kicking around for 4 months. Would that have any barring on the chip set used?????

When I posted here I was only looking at the Core i7 page. Forgot that it needs to be updated with TR3X6G1600C7D. TR3X6G1600C7D is indeed real. The Dominator page has it grayed out because there isn't a PDF sheet for it.

The Hyper chips are only used in the GT series IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...
The memory is great.......my UD5 is overclocked I have my i7 950 up at 4.0 with a BCLK is 167, memory is set to all SPD settings for 1600, I have the memory multi set to x10 so the memory is running at 1670, 7.7.7.20, at 1.65 volts. Ran Memtest86+ for 20 runs and not one error at my overclocked settings. The system is stable ran Prime95 for 6hrs and Linx for 2hrs and again not one error or BSOD........this is GREAT MEMORY

Archived