Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX and GA-EP45T-UD3P

smoore5550

I've been having a bit of a problem with the Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P and the TW3X4G1333C9DHX ram. Regardless of timings or voltages, I can not get my system stable with the ram. I've tried every setting I've been able to find regarding the ram, and I can never get this beast stable. I did some Memtest86 tests and found the following:

Stick 1 works in all slots alone at 1066

Stick 2 works in all slots alone at 1066

Stick 1 works in all slots alone at 1333

Stick 2 works in all slots alone at 1333

These were multiple runs. 100%, no errors. As soon as I put them in together, the system reboots about 42% into the first test, regardless of timings, voltages, or anything. However, even alone, they still bsod on me. I'm wondering if its either the mem controller on the board or the ram, or a setting I'm missing. Any suggestions?

Thats the thing though, is that I've bumped the voltages around, and it rarely increased stability. The Memtest tests also showed really strange results. Is there a voltage I should shoot for? I know Gigabytes voltages tend to be much lower than others, and the regulators are generally low too, any help would be nice. I really don't want to RMA the board cause I'd have to pull the whole computer apart.

I'm not saying its not the mem controller though, its just that still getting blue screens on a single stick seems odd to me. Could go either way.

Here's the settings I've got

CPU Clock Ratio: 8

Fine CPU Clock Ratio: 0.5

CPU Host Clock Control: Disabled

PCI Express Freq: Auto

C.I.A.2: Disabled

Performance Enhance: Standard

(G)MCH Frequency Latch: 333MHz

System Memory Multiplier (SPD) : 4.00B (this corresponds to FSB 333MHz)

DRAM Timing Selectable: Manual

CAS Latency Time: 9

tRCD: 9

tRP: 9

tRAS: 24

tRRD: Auto (4)

tWTR: Auto (4)

tWR: Auto (8)

tRFC: Auto (60)

tRTP: Auto (4)

Command Rate (CMD): 2

Load-Line Calibration: Disabled

CPU Vcore: Auto (1.21250)

CPU Termination: Auto (1.200)

CPU PLL: Auto (1.50)

CPU Reference: Auto (0.760)

MCH Core: Auto (1.10)

MCH Reference: Auto (0.760)

MCH/DRAM Reference: Auto (0.750)

ICH I/O: Auto (1.50)

ICH Core: Auto (1.100)

DRAM Voltage: 1.700

DRAM Termination: Auto (0.75)

Everything else is on auto. Any suggestions to bring this thing around to stable?

• Corsair Employees
You should make sure that you have the latest BIOS and then load setup/optimized defaults and then set the tested settings of the modules but if you are not getting errors in memtest I would suspect some other issue.

Archived