Corsair Community

Corsair tx 650

lockers55

Every now and again when i plug in my computer my tx650 psu pops or sparks. I have it plugged in to a power surge protector.I am just worried one day ill plug it in and fry my mobo or god knows what. I had a quick look at the psu no smell or anything like that coming from it. I am just not sure what to do.

would appreciate some help

thanks

i dont think sparks on the inside of you psu is quite that safe , but to be honist corsair does make quality power supplys ,, but probably you just got a bad batch .. or one .. for example the Vx450 ,, i have a odin 800 watt GT , have it for about 1 year now ,, and is serves me well ,, should you get it replaced ,, yes , i think you should ,, i dont think corsair comeback rate is high ,, but dont keep it low ,, if yours isnt well send it ,, by the way it could even be from the packageing or transport ,, the corior could have even damaged it ,, or your plug / extention your using is damaged ,, i had that problem be ,, check if you case shocks you if you tock a scratched paint part or the inside of it ,, if it does you earth on you plug / extention issnt well ,, check if you use a diff extention if you get the same error , if not send it back ,!! i mean corsair must be good if every oveclocker uses them ,,

Archived