Corsair Community

Noisy 20ex fan

kobwo

My fan on the 200ex is pretty noisy. I can hear it over the sound from the case which has 7 fans on it. It's a steady blowing sound from the right side of the cooling case. Anyways how can I quiet it down since I have my system located in the livingroom and want it to be as quiet as possible. I can hear the pump a little but it not bad at all. Kobwo Oh and it's not on turbo mode I opened the case and stopped the fan for a brief moment. WOW it's puts out quite a bit of sound! [B]Anyone there?[/B] [COLOR=DarkRed][U][I][B]Anyone......beuler?.........anyone[/B][/I][/U][/COLOR] Anyone have any idea???????????????????

• 3 weeks later...
Switch it out with a Pabst fan. or one of the Enermax fans with a Poti (you can turn it up and down) I bought a fan shaped rubber pad that I mounted between the fan and the radiator it dropped some noise off as well.

kobwo, Wurm has a doable suggestion with isolating the fan at the mounting location. I suppose rubber grommets can assist in the same manner if a rubber pad isn't available. My question is, Have you cleaned the HX with a vacuum cleaner hose? If you have had your HC long, cleaning the the face of the HX will reduce the noise and improve the air flow through the HX core. Thus, your HC will be back in top performance. Stev

Archived