Corsair Community

New Dominator installation fails to post

ben.kansas

Hi All,

I recently purchase a RAM upgrade, TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF, for my M2N-MX SE PLUS mobo. However, after installation the machine will not POST. The the case fan and the CPU Fan power up, as well as the HDD and DVD.

Any ideas on how I might rectify this problem?

Flashed my BIOS to version 6.02--had been running the initial release. The BIOS now automatically detects the settings for the one stick that I have in the machine. I will attempt to place the second stick soon--might be a little bit.

Thanks for the suggestion RAM GUY. I think the BIOS upgrade will fix this, but I will keep you up to date.

Hi All,

I got the computer going with the second stick in, but it wasn't as simple as updating the BIOS. After updating the BIOS the addition of the second stick still caused the BIOS to fail to POST.

So, after doing some googling I found a solution.

In order to get it the comp to recognize the second stick I powered down and disconnected the power cord. Then popped out the CMOS battery, reset the RTC jumper to clear the CMOS. Next, I placed the second stick of memory in the slot. Finally, I reset jumper, replaced the CMOS battery, reconnected the power, and booted up. Et voila! The computer booted and after reconfiguring the BIOS settings I've not had any trouble.

Cheers,

Ben

• Corsair Employees
Hokuto With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived