Corsair Community

400CX Hold Up Time?

MediocreFred

Hello,

How long will the rated voltage be present on the output of the 400CX after the input power has been cut?

I looked through the manual as well as the corsair web site, but, couldn't find this information.

Also, I read that the 400CX has a newer revision that replaced a capacitor to bump up the hold up time. So, what was the hold up time originally? what is the hold up time in the new revision? And, since I am about to purchase one now, how do I identify the new revision?

Thanks,

MediocreFred.

Ram Guy,

My question was along the lines of this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=326893.

I have an APC UPS that does not generate pure sine wave output when on battery. My PC has an Antec EarthWatts PSU that shuts off the instant a power failure occurs. My research online as well as talking to Antec Support has yielded the fact that Antec EarthWatts PSUs have a very low Hold Up Time and so need a pure sine wave output.

I've also read that Corsair PSUs have a much higher Hold Up Time (in the 16ms range) and so work fine with APC UPS devices. However, all of these user reports were for the HX series of PSUs.

I am interested in the 400CX PSU for 2 of my PCs (the one that has the Antec and a brand new one that I am assembling) and would like to make sure that its Hold Up Time is in the 16ms range.

A follow up question was regarding the revised version of the 400CX (with a purple capacitor instead of a black capacitor) and its increased Hold Up Time. How do I identify it?

Thanks,

MediocreFred.

Thanks for the clarification Ram_Guy. I have ordered a 400CX and should be receiving it in a day or two.

One unanswered question from my posts in this thread remain. How do I tell if the 400CX I receive is the newer revision with enhanced hold time (purple capacitor)? See this thread.

Is there a revision number printed on the PSU? Is the purple/black capacitor visible through the PSU vents? Can I tell be the serial number?

Thanks.

Archived