Corsair Community

HX 620 PSU internal fuse

M31

I bought a Corsair HX 620 PSU a couple of years back, unfortunately it has stopped working, tested it another computer and its definitely dead ... unfortunately due to my case design, a PCI bracket screw dropped into the PSU (while it was switched off) and I had to open the PSU to retrieve the screw and in doing so had to remove the warranty void if removed sticker.

This was when the PSU was brand new ... I got the screw out OK and the PSU worked fine for nearly 2 years before it died.

I accept I've voided the warranty, but I'm pretty sure its the internal fuse that is soldered to the PCB of the PSU that has blown.

I'm hoping I can purchase a replacement fuse from Corsair or possibly Corsair could let me know the rating of this fuse, please.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees
We am sorry but we do not have the parts for PSU here. My suggestion would be to take it into an electronic repair shop, they should be able to figure out what needs to be replaced and what replacement part to use.

We am sorry but we do not have the parts for PSU here. My suggestion would be to take it into an electronic repair shop, they should be able to figure out what needs to be replaced and what replacement part to use.

Its been to an electrical repair shop and they advised I contact Corsair direct to find out at least the rating of the internal fuse, it not on the fuse ... apparently its printed on the PSU PCB, that the fuse rating is very important or something?

Oh well, if you cant help ... I'll contact Seasonic (I think its them that really make this PSU?) and see if they can help me with the fuse rating. otherwise its going in the bin.

I could have easily scraped off the warranty void if removed sticker from my HX1000 (and yes I could do this without detection) and put it on the HX650 and get a legitimate RMA ... it blew through no fault of mine ... and get a replacement, but I guess honesty is not always the best policy ... lesson learned.

Thanks anyway.

Archived