Corsair Community

Is TR3X6G1600C7 compatible with Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6?

kick

All information that I found about this memory (TR3X6G1600C7) it's telling me that it's compatible with chipset X58 but nothing about X48. I order TR3X6G1600C7 but now I'm a little confuse about comptibility with X48 and with my mainboard (Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6). The specification of this memory I can open from this link on Cosair site (http://www.corsair.com/products/go.aspx?pn=TR3X6G1600C7).

I'm waiting for some help from somebody that has experience with this type of memory module can confirm the compatibility of MB with memory. Thank you for your reply!

It's compatible, but only use 2 sticks not 3.

I receive the memories and are working fine 2 sticks and now of course it's comming another question: I can use this 2 sticks with this 2 type of memories CM3X1024-1600c7DHXIN (7-7-20)? How? I tried but windows memory diagnostic tools give me hardware error when I try to use at 1600MHz 7-7-20 . When I use 1333 I have no error.

With Intel Chipsets you cannot run the memory faster than the CPU FSB IE DDR1333 would be the fastest you can run the memory in that MB unless you over clock the CPU.

I want to over clock cpu with fsb at 400 MHz. With cpu fsb 400 and with memories at 1600 and 7-7-7-20 (with xmp profile 1 or not) i'm getting error when I run diagnostic tool and sometimes vista x64 does not booting. When I use only 4 gb (2+2)everything it's looking fine at 1600 and 7-7-7-20 but when I insert the other memory 2 gb (1+1) I have errors and I don't know if it's any posibility by ajusting voltaj or memory parameters to make them running with out errors.

Thank you for your answers!

• Corsair Employees
If you add more than one set of modules the memory controller will not be able to run at full speed so the next step down would be suggested. IE DDR1333 with 4 modules I would not suggest mixing memory all of the modules would need to be the same part number and revision.

Archived