Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF not running as advertised

Hi,

Recently I've been getting random BSODs and frequent crashes from gaming. It has now come to the point where I cannot even boot to windows.

I decided to individually test all my ram with Memtest86+ v2.11 (Bootable CD).

So I set the RAM values in the BIOS to 5-5-5-15, 1066 speed and 2.1volts

The first module was still running fine after 3hours so I decided to try the second module.

After approx 50secs into the test, I would get errors so fast that within 2 minutes it would come up to 20,000+. I thought: ok, maybe its the motherboard, so I switched the DIMM to another slot.

Same thing happened errors would come up streaming as fast as it did in the first slot. Tried the third - same, and forth was equally bad all three previous slots.

Note that I did not test this particular module for 3hrs+ as I felt the near instant errors would not rectify itself.

Then I decided to test the module at a slighty lower latency values of 5-5-5-18 and the same thing happened - multiple errors after within a minute of testing, in all four DIMM slots.

At this point I just needed to get back into windows so that I may make my problem known.

I set the memory settings to auto and the motherboard gave me latency timings of 5-7-7-24. Ran memtest again and no immediate issues. I ran the test to completion and it seemed to have no problems.

Obviously, I did not buy high performance RAM to have it run as bad as any generic modules I could have bought. With all this in mind, I would like to request an RMA number, so that I may get a part which fits the description on the main website and pretty much everywhere else you click once you google it. A UK/Europe RMA destination would be preferable.

Thanks in advance.

Archived