Corsair Community

Will the TX 750W run with my motherboard?

SweGrizz

Hello. I have a question.

I have been building on my computer a VERY long time. Now it was time to buy a Power Suply. I found out that tha Corsair TX 750W would be nice for my Graphic

Card : 9800Gtx Black edition.

So i checkt my motherboard to se what it has for connectors, Found out that i had one 4pin ATX12V so the Corsair TX 750W would work with that. Then i saw somthing that made me concern... the Corsair TX 750W Connector has a 20-24Pin ATX connector , my Motherboard has a EATXPWR 24pin connector!:?!?!... will this work. I have a ASUS P5V-X SE Motherboard that i got from my father.

This is a very big concern.. if it wont work i have to wait a long time again.. Iam building on my moped to.

And another quiestion. I have a SATA Harddriver .3.5. With the motherboard i got a power cable and a other cable, Both of them are gonna go from the HardDriver to the Mothercard. Thats not a problem but why is there a SATA Power cable in the Corsair TX 750W as well?. What will that be used for?.

Hope you guys understood me. My English aint so good :). Swedish guy.

Hope i will get the help i need here.

Thanks.

PS: found out this text at a homepage : Power Connectors 4-pin ATX12V connector, 24-pin main power connector

thats for my mothercard

http://www.twenga.co.uk/specs-P5V-X-SE-ASUS-Motherboard-481801

Compatibility question moved to the Compatibility area.

Well, you need a 24 pin and a 4 pin connector, both of which the PSU has.

Normally your PSU powers your HDDs, hence the SATA HDD power cable.

Ah okey. so it will work then?.

So im gonna use the SATA power cable from the PSU.

Why does the PSU has so many Normal 4 pin Connectors?. One i think is for the use of a DVD or CD rom?, one for floopy and then there is like 6x of them left- i dont use floopy.

What to do with the rest of the 6x 4pin connectors?. Can i take advantage of them anyway then?. Iam thinking of buying the 650W instead. After i get a answear on this question , then ill buy it

Archived