Corsair Community

BIOS Configuration for Twin2x4096-8500C5DF

Daza07

Testing parameters for Twinx/XMS2-8500/C5D:

Motherboard make and model: Asus P5B or M2N32-SLI Premium/Deluxe Only![/Quote] That is why I would like to know the exact BIOS configuration for the motherboard stated in my first post.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but the settings are not MB specific and the setting that would apply are for the memory only if your MB does not have a specific setting just ignore it and set the memory timings and Voltage as described for your modules.

Ok, thanks for the reply anyway.

I have another problem which you might be able to help me with.

If I reboot Windows 7, it stops at the "Starting Windows" screen I then have to push and hold down the power button on the case to shut down the computer to make the computer what it seems like is to hang (monitor's LED goes orange) then push and hold down the power button on the case to shut down again but this time I will get the following message below.

'Overclocking failed! Please enter setup to reconfigure your system.

Press F1 to Run SETUP

Press F2 to load default values and continue'

I press F1 and it loads the BIOS I select Exit and Discard Changes then computer reboots and then I get the the "Starting Windows" screen but this time it loads Windows 7. I can only boot into Windows 7 if I get the "Overclocking failed!..." message otherwise I will be stuck at the "Starting Windows" screen for eternity.

I have manage to sort-of recreate the issue, where it refuses to not go past the "Starting Windows" screen. When I manually set the DRAM Frequency to 1066MHz and timing to 5-5-5-15 (CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) in the BIOS. When I select Exit and Discard Changes it changes the tRAS timing back to 18 and then the computer would hang (monitor's LED goes orange). I then press and hold the power button on the case then press it again to power it up but this time at the "Starting Windows" screen it starts the Windows Logo animation and I can login to Windows 7.

Any idea why it doesn't let me boot into Windows 7 with the tRAS timing set to 15?

Update about my last post.

I got a reply from ASUS Online Technical Service. They said to take out the second RAM DIMM and clear the CMOS or set the BIOS back to default settings then do a clean install of Windows 7 again.

After doing that I can boot Windows 7 fine every time with out having to get the "Overclocking failed!..." message.

I am now waiting for another reply from ASUS Online Technical Service to see how I can get the other RAM DIMM working and at 1066Mhz with timings of 5-5-5-15 2T.

Archived