Corsair Community

vs1gb333 issues with gateway 310x

fueone

I recentley purchased a stick of corsairs VS1GB333 for my gateway 310x. According to Corsair, this forum, and Intel's website the memory should work. However, when installed in this system it boots up and then after a few minutes locks up, and the screen turn fuzzy and while the screen is still somewhat readable it appears in rectagle boxes. I've tried the stick in another machine and it runs fine no problems. I've upgraded the video drivers and tried using a 400w power supply instead of the original 200w but still did not help. I have also been able to get a 512 stick of DDR pc 2700 2.5 CL to run just fine. I also downloaded the memory test and let it run for over 24 hours and it found no errors. I'm beginning to believe the 1gb stick is not compatible with this Intel board. Is there something else I can try?

• Corsair Employees

Do you have the latest BIOS from Gateway for that system?

If you do and still have the problem then we can try and replace the module, but when you installed the module did you go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults?

Dear Ramguy,

I am sad to report that now after almost a week of no problems I'm having the same issue with my 1gb stick of Ram. I don't know what changed. Turned it off last night and went to boot this morning and it started crashing again. I think I would like to try exchanging the 1 gb for 2 x 512 sticks instead since the 512 stick I'm using from another system seems to run fine.

Would this be possible?

• Corsair Employees

Please test that module by it self with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure it is not failing. But normally we cannot change to another part number and I am pretty sure we are not making 512 Meg modules any longer. But we will be happy to replace that one.

Let's get them or it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

I don't want it replaced with the same thing it won't work. I've tried the same stick in my other computer and it works fine. Not one issue ever when I've tried it with the second computer. I've ran memtest on it in the first computer by itself several times now and no errors have been found. My computer just keeps locking up with it installed and it just isn't worth the headache of fooling with anymore. It's just not compatible. Since Corsair cant replace it with 2 sticks of 512 then I'm going to contact tigerdirect and see if I can return it and get my money back. Thanks for you help Ram Guy

Archived