Corsair Community

Proper BIOS settings ASUS P5KPL/1600 for TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF

Dkzon

Hello:

Here are my BIOS settings for my ASUS P5KPL/1600:

Configure System Frequency/Voltage

* AI Overclocking = Manual

* CPU Frequency = 333

* DRAM Frequency = 800MHz (can't select 1066Mhz because on the bios the options goes from 800Mhz, 1000Mhz, 1100Mhz)

* PCI Express Frequency = 100

* Memory Voltage = 2.1v

* CPU Core Voltage = Auto

* MCH Chipset Voltage = 1.4v (that's the max)

Advanced Chipset Settings

* Configure DRAM by SPD = Disabled

* DRAM CAS# Latency = 5

* DRAM RAS# Prechardge = 5

* DRAM RAs# to CAS# Delay = 5

* DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge: 15

By the way, cant change Command rate to 2t on my bios because there isnt such option. My bios is updated.

Can someone let me know if my BIOS and POST is correct?

Because i keep getting bsod's...

Thanks very much

I would try and lower the MCH Voltage and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and move the modules to the other tow slots and leave the timings at Auto and test it with http://www.memtest.org.

No sucess so far, setted mch -.1 and my memory voltage to 2.0, and at first minutes of memtest (last version) had a couple of errors going by the screen, quitted as soon as it hitted 1k...

Edit: And yeah setted the spd enabled and moved the modules to the black slots...

Edit²: I just noticed that in the mem's box it says "TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF" but at the module parts the tag says "CM2X2048-8500C5D".

Is it alright o.O?

Done... but do you think that it is a ram problem? I thought the problem was with the compatibility with my MB.

Oh well, do you know if it take long for a RMA from brazil (that's where i am from)

• Corsair Employees

You MB does not support DDR1066 this is from the spec page.

4 x240-pin DIMM, Max. 4 GB, DDR2 800/667 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

I would try and install the modules and Load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and exit the BIOS and see if its more stable then post a screen shot of the memory Tab in CPU-Z and lets see if that will make the system stable.

Setted everything on default and plugged both modules on the black slot and setted the memory to 2.0, tried to get a screen shot from the memory tabs at the cpu-z but i got bsod on the first minute at windows lol...

Hey i got news!! I setted the bios to:

Configure System Frequency/Voltage

* AI Overclocking = Manual

* CPU Frequency = 333

* DRAM Frequency = 800MHz (can't select 1066Mhz because on the bios the options goes from 800Mhz, 1000Mhz, 1100Mhz)

* Memory Voltage = 2.0v

* CPU Core Voltage = Auto

* MCH Chipset Voltage = 1.25v (that's the lower)

Advanced Chipset Settings

* Configure DRAM by SPD = Disabled

* DRAM CAS# Latency = 5

* DRAM RAS# Prechardge = 5

* DRAM RAs# to CAS# Delay = 5

* DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge: 15

And ran the memtest. The first memory ran for 2 hours without error. The second memory had error on the first 20 seconds of test! (arround 1k)

So i guess yeah i will need a RMA for this one, but i have a question, can i ask RMA for only one module (the screwed up one)? Other wise i wont be able to use my pc till the new module's arrives, and i cant afford buying a new one for now, you have no idea on how expesinve those things are here on brazil... I paid arround R$467,00 wich is 230,00 dollars or so...

Archived