Corsair Community

reboot at XP splash screen

barochc

Just last week I purchased TWINX2048-3200C2PT. Now, I know better than to mix timings but I figured I'd try it. I had tried it before and simply reverted to the one matched set and all was well. I installed the above in slots 2 and 3 however I left 1 stick of another brand in the #1 slot, with a timing of 2-2-2-6, whereas the new memory is 2-3-3-6. I've tried old ram only, new ram only and many other steps with the ram and startup but I can never get beyond the XP splash screen/progress bar. I figured I'd next try memtest. Do you have any suggestions to get past this? Is it BIOS, ram or Windows?

Thanks !

Thanks. Finally got around to trying your suggestion but it was unsuccessful.

I was first going to laod with default settings but it won't recognize that keyboard entry, F2, so I had to go with setup. Is that any indication of something?

Thanks

I can get to the BIOS menus and set to default or otherwise but with the same result of not getting past the XP progress bar to the point at which it would go to the profile selections. The F1 F2 was at the AMI POST message where a couple of times I've gotten CMOS Checksum Bad, but only when I went thru the CMOS clearing process. F1 into setup works but F2 or any combination of such to load defaults is not recognized. Again, I can get to the BIOS and do it. The only thing that did change was the memory switcheroo so I feel it has to be there somehow. I did F8 at Windows to not go past failure on startup and get STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error} Windows login process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x80000003. I Googled on that and the commentaries from this say the root of this problem can be almost anything. Any other thoughts?

Thanks again.

Archived