Corsair Community

Corsair 5.2ver + 7.3 ver + Asus = ????

MarcelB8

Hi!

First, when I bought the mobo I bought a twin CM2X1024-6400 ver5.2 (5-5-5-12 at 1.90v) to run in dual channel.

Two mounths ago I bought another one, a twin CM2x1024-6400 ver7.3 (5-5-5-18 at 1.90v) to run in two dual channel.

The weird thing is: When I use the 5.2 version in the first and third slot and the 7.3 version in the second and fourth slot the mobo dont do the post and sounds a long beep, BUT when i use the 5.2 version in the first and second and the 7.3 version in the third and the fourth windows detect 4gb.

Win XP detect 3.25 but in four single channels.

Could anyone help me to set something in my bios to use in two dual channel?

If wont be possible what is better? One dual channel or four single?

Asus could not to help me...

ps: Latest Bios 1901

Tnks for all

• Corsair Employee
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Spread Spectrum Control = All set to disabled

CPU Internal Thermal Control = Enabled

Limit CPUID MaxVal = Disabled

Enhanced C1 (C1E) = Disabled

Execute Disable Bit = Enabled

Virtualization Technology = Enabled

CPU Multiplier = 9X

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Tech = Disabled

LDT Frequency = 5x

Memory Timing Setting

tCL: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 12

Command Per Clock = 2

tRRD = Auto

tRC = Auto

tWR = Auto

tWTR = Auto

tREF = Auto

tRD = Auto

tRFC = Auto

Over Voltage

Vcore = Auto

DRAM Voltage = 2.0v

1.2v HT = Auto

NB Vcore = 1.45 (+0.5)

SB Vcore = Auto

CPU VTT Voltage = Auto

CPU PLL Voltage = Auto

Legacy USB = Disabled

Nvidia Gpu Ex = Disabled

Memtest is running! =)

• Corsair Employee
There should be another menu called Extreme Tweaker or AI Over clock tuner and that is where the memory and CPU Frequency will be set as well as the memory Voltage, please check the user manual ofr the MB in section 4.

I was reading in Professor Google... (lol)

So FSB Memory Ratio in my case... for Intel User... i have to use 4x multiple: (1066 FSB/ 4 = 266) OK!

FSB QDR = DDR II 800

(800/2 = 400) but u said to set at 667 so (667/2 = 333) ok!

A problem persist...

FSB:RAM = 266/333 = 1/1??? 1/2??? HELP! =)

There should be another menu called Extreme Tweaker or AI Over clock tuner and that is where the memory and CPU Frequency will be set as well as the memory Voltage, please check the user manual ofr the MB in section 4.

HELP!! =)

I found answers in Prof. Google... but not at all!!!!

What is the question you still have?

Tried everything! Now I know that a twin 5.2 version plus a twin 7.3 version do not work in two dual channel mode...

The mobo didnt accept to work in linked mode with 5:4 or unlinked with 1066:667

The best config I could set to work is: 555-15 - 2T - with 2.0voltz - NB 1.4

My last question is... in your opinion, How about Enhanced C1 and Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Tech... Can i enabled with these settings?

Tnks for all

• Corsair Employee
Tried everything! Now I know that a twin 5.2 version plus a twin 7.3 version do not work in two dual channel mode...

The mobo didn't accept to work in linked mode with 5:4 or unlinked with 1066:667

A: There is not a lot I can do about that mixing memory is not supported, but if you want to try and RMA one of the sets we can try that but no promise of what you would get back, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

The best config I could set to work is: 555-15 - 2T - with 2.0voltz - NB 1.4

A: If the system is stable then go for it!

My last question is... in your opinion, How about Enhanced C1 and Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Tech... Can i enabled with these settings?

A: These settings have nothing to do with memory and if they do I would get another MB. But you might direct that question at the MB maker or Intel.

Archived