Corsair Community

Problem with 4 sticks of Dominator 8500C5D and Gigabyte MB

PFabrice

Hi all,

I have 2 similar setups :

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R MB

Intel E8400

Nvidia Video (one 9600, one 8800)

I have bought 4 pairs of CM2X1024-8500C5D.

I have tested all pairs separately with memtest : they work fine at nominal settings, ie : 2.1V 5-5-5-15 and 1066MHz. On both MB.

But if I try to put 2 pairs (4 sticks) on the same MB, then the setup won't pass memtest anymore. I had various problems under Vista that led me to investigate potential RAM problems.

So for the moment I'm stuck with 2x1Gb per machine and I have 4 sticks that I can't use. Any help to get 4x1Gb running reliably on this MB would be greatly appreciated. Or any explanation why this is failing.

Thanks in advance,

Fabrice

Thanks for the tip, but that doesn't work either. I tried it at 800MHz (5-5-5-18 in auto mode). Memtest still fails when I put 4 sticks. Strangely, when I put 2 sticks in either the red slots or the yellow ones, everything is running ok, even at 1066.

So I start to wonder about an MB bug. What do you think ?

Best regards,

Fabrice

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived