Corsair Community

Corsair PSUs (CX,TX,HX,VX) are sold with only 2 year warranty in Manila,Philippines

Hello Corsair people,

Im a proud owner of Corsair products (memory specifically) the XMS2, XMS3 and the Dominator series of memory modules

I have no problems as far as the warranty for the memory modules is concerned since its lifetime warranty (lets be clear with that) both here in the Philippines and in the US.

I have a problem WITH the warranty on the Power Supplies being peddled by the various retailers and distributors of Corsair here in Manila, Philippines.

Why?

1. Corsair claims it has a 5 year warranty on its power supplies (website and everywhere else)

2. Retailers/Peddlers of Corsair power supplies in Manila, Philippines claim that there's only a 1 year warranty for the reseller (whoever you got the PSU from) and 2 years from the distributor.

Meaning,

If your power supply conks out within 1 year, the reseller will take care of it (through the distributor). Ok, its fine.

If your power supply conks out within 2 years, the reseller leaves you out but you can hassle the local distributor of Corsair - and they will take care of it. Ok still, fine.

BUT when your PSU conks out AFTER the 2nd year = THEN you're out of luck.

Thats odd.. what happened to the additional 3 years of warranty for the power supply?

Also, the 'warranty stickers' ON the BOXES of sealed PSUs from Corsair says 2 years warranty (conveniently covering up the original box logo that says 5 years warranty)

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Is Corsair in the US aware of this?

Here's the thing, I am NOT YET a Corsair HX1000 owner. But in a couple of days I WILL BE if someone clears this out.

This is the only thing that is holding me back from going to my retailer and getting the PSU.

I know that Corsair HX1000 is a thing of beauty and brawn. I also know its expensive locally (PhP 11,320 or US$ 235.84 at 48 pesos to 1 US$ exchange rate) but I AM willing to buy it locally if this warranty confusion is cleared up.

Why advertise the PSU with 5 years when its being sold only with 2?

Secondly, who authorized putting on 2 year warranty stickers ON TOP of the 5 year warranty logo printed on the box (by the way, whoever had the idea of sticking that 2 year warranty 'logo' didnt think too much = the sticker itself is transparent and when you look closely, you can still see underneath the 5 year warranty on the box.

I'm at a loss here. I wish I can buy the Corsair HX1000 locally (it would save me time, effort) because if not, then i'd have to source it from my cousins in Dallas,TX who will be coming over anyway and I can get the PSU from the US with an intact 5 year warranty.

Please anyone, shed light on this

Thanks.

I'd hazard a guess that only the local retailer and distributor will give you a 1 or 2 year warranty, but if you happened to have any troubles after that, talking to corsair directly on the website would enable you to take advantage of the rest of your warranty, much like getting ram replaced.

You'd be responsible for postage to whichever centre you have to send it to though, and according to some posts, postage can get expensive from certain countries.

Someone else might know for sure, but that's what the situation sounds like.

I'd hazard a guess that only the local retailer and distributor will give you a 1 or 2 year warranty, but if you happened to have any troubles after that, talking to corsair directly on the website would enable you to take advantage of the rest of your warranty, much like getting ram replaced.

You'd be responsible for postage to whichever centre you have to send it to though, and according to some posts, postage can get expensive from certain countries.

Someone else might know for sure, but that's what the situation sounds like.

Thank you for the input Ylennic =)

Well, I just find it very peculiar that the distributor does not even want to deal with a Corsair PSU that's obviously still within warranty after the mandatory 1 or 2 year local warranty.

Lets wait for what the Corsair people from the inside says about it.

A good example in line with this is Intel .. their boards are warranted against defects for 3 years, (but locally, its just 1 year with the reseller / distributor) .. but if you have problems after that, you can go direct to Intel - they give you a prepaid return packet where you put in your mobo, and you get a refurb board after several days, OR you can ask for the case #, take the board to the distributor, give the case # and they will do the paperwork/shipping for you - although the wait is longer but its still a possibility.

Another thing is with Corsair memory - I've had an instance when I needed to ship out a defective module (after the mandatory 1 year warranty from the reseller) .. it was replaced after several weeks (the reseller claims that they send out the module through the distro and the distro sends it out to Corsair, and the reverse happens when its replaced .. hence the long wait)

I know different companies employ different policies on repairs / shipping.

Im not expecting Corsair to do the same .. just a clarification if they're (Corsair in the US) aware that the Corsair PSUs here in Manila are being sold with very short warranty periods (almost to the level of generic PSUs), especially for the high end HX series which I intend to purchase locally (im suspecting the local distributor doesnt want to deal with defective corsair PSUs after that 2 years - its a shame really, considering they're doing a fine job with the memory/flash drive items)

• Corsair Employees
What ever the warranty is for any specific part will be honored With PSU's depending on the specific model it will be 3 or 5 or 7 years and as always if the reseller will not help you then you can always go direct with us and the closest Hub will be in Taiwan for most of Asia.

What ever the warranty is for any specific part will be honored With PSU's depending on the specific model it will be 3 or 5 or 7 years and as always if the reseller will not help you then you can always go direct with us and the closest Hub will be in Taiwan for most of Asia.

thats reassuring ramguy

thanks for the prompt reply.

I think im now ready to get the HX1000 from the reseller

• Corsair Employees

NP and I do know there are resellers there that do better than others and are more about customer service but they are harder to find.

I have a house in Bahol. If you ever have a problem just let me know and I will do my best to help you!

NP and I do know there are resellers there that do better than others and are more about customer service but they are harder to find.

I have a house in Bahol. If you ever have a problem just let me know and I will do my best to help you!

you mean in Bohol (its an island the Visayas region of the Philippines, about 12 hours by bus and ferry or about 30 minutes plane ride to Tagbilaran city - the nearest biggest city)

I have a few friends there too (and corsair memory/power supply users too) great that you have been here and have a place here

Well I got the HX1000 alright, mighty (and meaty) piece of hardware.

Thanks RamGuy! ::pirate::

Archived