Corsair Community

Corsair Ram and Gigabyte Mobo

drneves7

Hello all!

I am having some issues with my ram. I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P, with an E8400 CPU. I was previously running TWIN2X4096-6400C5, I think that is it lol. This ram was to unstable for me to clock past 3.6ghz, so I decided to pick up some CM2X2048-8500C5.

The new 8500 memory will not boot with both sticks in. I have changed the dramV and nb settings. Tried a bunch of different multipliers, and fsb on the cpu. I can get it to boot on one but that is it. After I post this I am going to run Memtest on both sticks. I have a read a bunch of other posts related to this.

-I have reset my bios to default.

-Bios is newest version.

-Pulled battery to fully clear it all

-Loosened up timings to no avail

-Bumped NB voltage up to 1.3

-Tried with everything in auto

-Tried just setting memory to stock settings

-Tried all settings of X.M.P.

-I am sure I forgot a few things on here.

Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts or solutions.

If you suggest tests I will run them......I am not asking for help to just tell you I don't think this is the problem :laughing:

Thanks

:bigeyes:

UPDATE!

So I have found my problem....it is a dead stick!:[pouts: Can boot with one but not the other. And I can't boot with both on the motherboard in any configuration. Just keeps rebooting over and over again. So no need to test the memory my system already told me the answer. I would be interested in getting this other memory to handle the 4.0ghz overclock that my CPU can more than handle. But it is unstable after 2.0x425 and I wouldn't quite say that is stable neither. I may be able to get it stable with some tweaking of the settings. I will mess with that for tonight......and exchange the other memory tomorrow. Hope I have better luck with the second set.

So I have found my problem....it is a dead stick! Can boot with one but not the other. And I can't boot with both on the motherboard in any configuration. Just keeps rebooting over and over again. So no need to test the memory my system already told me the answer. I would be interested in getting this other memory to handle the 4.0ghz overclock that my CPU can more than handle. But it is unstable after 2.0x425 and I wouldn't quite say that is stable neither. I may be able to get it stable with some tweaking of the settings. I will mess with that for tonight......and exchange the other memory tomorrow. Hope I have better luck with the second set.

The one stick I cannot test as I cannot get the system to even bring up bios :( looks like I was updating my thread as you were posting. I appriciate the fast response.

Archived