Corsair Community

Gigabyte MA770TUD3P compatibility?

Mezike

Hello,

If anyone can help me select the best RAM for this Mobo I would be very grateful! I have looked at the compatibility list at the Mobo manufacturer and they have successfully tested the following RAM modules:

TR3X6G1866C9D DDR3 1866Mhz 2GB (reduces to 1666Mhz)

CM3X1024-1800C7D DDR3 1800Mhz 1GB (reduces to 1666Mhz)

CM3X1024-1333C9DHX DDR3 1333Mhz 1GB

I was initially considering a matched pair of 1600Mhz 2GB Dominator modules, TW3X4G1600C9D, or a similar pair of XMS3, TW3X4G1600C9DHX G. Although the Mobo will support 1600Mhz DDR3 there are no test results in this band for Corsair products and I am therefore keen to know if I am making a good choice, or if either will be compatible at all. If there is a better matched product to go for then I would also be grateful for some direction.

Many thanks!

Thank you for the advice!

As there is literally only a couple of pounds difference in price I think I would go for the TW3X4G1600C9DHX over the 1333Mhz, that way I get a little extra out of it if I do overclock or replace the CPU down the line. If I go with this are there any likely stumbling blocks I should be aware of? (e.g. should I be able to simply plug and play or will I likely need to tinker with the BIOS)

Could I please also ask what the significant difference is between the XMS and Dominator? Although there is little difference pricewise I was under the impression that Dominator was more "top of the range", of course I may have been misled :confused:

Archived