Corsair Community

Monitor Connection Failure

atrum

Hello,

I currently have 4 x CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-8500C5D in my custom built system which I built late last year.

Yesterday, there was a power glitch in the grid and the power in my apartment flickered off and back on. I rebooted my computer and suddenly my monitor was failing to recieve a signal from my computer. Everything seems to be functioning as far as I can tell visibly and audibly, the motherboard lights are on, the fans (including cpu and graphics card fan) are running as well as the harddrive and DvD drive, but quite simply the monitor is acting like it's not recieving any signal from my computer. I have two other monitors as well that i tried that also failed to recieve a signal. I even tried using the motherboard's integrated video and still failed to get anything.

After asking some people I was told that my Memory may be at fault, but after pulling them and reinstalling them a few minutes later, the computer still fails to boot up. I'm now wondering if my Memory has been fried and wanted to know if and how I could go about getting some replacement sticks.

This is sort of a two-part question, A) if it's a strong chance my memory has failed on me, and B) If i need to go through corsair to get replacement sticks or if I can just buy new ones on Newegg and send back the broken ones to corsair for a refund.

Thanks,

Kyle

Archived