Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5C Latencies

Phishingtime

I just purchased this memory kit and have been having trouble finding Specs. for it. The store where purchased have this memory listed as 5-6-6-18 @2.1V

However the ram stickers list the specs. at 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1V

I have been unable to get theese to run at the 5-5-5-15 settings and was wondering if maybe the ram stickers specs. are wrong? Can anyone tell me for sure?

Thank You! :D:

Thank you Wired!

Could you or anyone, please help me with one more thing?

I have not been able to run these as I mentioned before, and even tried returning the first set and swapping them with the ones I have now.

The first set was much worse than this one, in that the timings were looser and the EPP information was terrible listed at 5-6-6-21. Are the EPP timings supposed to be 5-6-6-18 1066MHz @2.1V?

My motherboard is less than 1 mo. old and I am praying that it is not the problem. Any ideas? It sure seems like the timings are supposed to be 5-6-6-18 since it works perfectly with default settings.

I am unable to POST with 5-5-5-15 2T 1066MHz @2.1V/2.2V/2.3V/Auto MCH 1.2V

Thank You!

• Corsair Employee

I would do the following and if they both test with no errors then try them in the second set of slots.

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Thank you both for your curteous and quick responses!

I have not tried to POST with just 1 stick at the specified timings. I will try and report back my findings.

BIOS is latest from Gigabyte F5.

Sorry if I seem like such a noob! I just was thinking since these were the cheapest 1066MHz RAM kits I could buy and the timings were not listed as 5-5-5-15 except on the RAM itself. Maybe they are not supposed to be set at 5-5-5-15

Please look here. they are listed as 5-6-6-18, but the picture shows 5-5-5-15

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145247&Tpk=8500c5c

Still unable to post with only 1 stick @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.1V

I do not have another motherboard to test with. Tried memory slots 1-4.

Runs perfect with 5-6-6-18 1066MHz 1.8V

On the plus side I am able to overclock my CPU to over 4.2GHz on stock voltages with this RAM!

So, do you know if this is a motherboard, or RAM problem?

Thanks RAM GOD, you are awesome!

I have the latest BIOS from Gigabyte (F5).

I am sorry to say, I returned this RAM and purchased another brand to verify MB functionality.

I now own non-corsair RAM and it works flawlessley. Still tweaking settings but easily reaches 1100MHz @5-5-5-15. Only uses around 1.9V!

Thanks for all the help! :sunglasse

• 3 months later...

I am having a similar problem with this TWIN2X4096-8500C5C i bought from Komplett.ie

Both the Site and the Stickers on RAM have those specs: 5-6-6-18 2.1V yet the RAM does not run on the PC, well, PC starts OK but Windows hangs after login or a huge noise comes into the Speakers + hangs or i get BSOD and immediate reboot.

I also tried 5-5-5-15 but no luck, same on Auto settings.

My Motherboard Asus P5Q SE2 has latest BIOS 601, anything i can try to get the RAM to run?

Thanks!

I am having a similar problem with this TWIN2X4096-8500C5C i bought from Komplett.ie

Both the Site and the Stickers on RAM have those specs: 5-6-6-18 2.1V yet the RAM does not run on the PC, well, PC starts OK but Windows hangs after login or a huge noise comes into the Speakers + hangs or i get BSOD and immediate reboot.

I also tried 5-5-5-15 but no luck, same on Auto settings.

My Motherboard Asus P5Q SE2 has latest BIOS 601, anything i can try to get the RAM to run?

Thanks!

I have the same motherboard: ASUS P5Q SE2, actually, since I'm a seller, I'm selling two, and both boards have the same problem with these ram.

By default the ram is seen at 800MHz.

To show them to 1066mhz I entered the data memory in the BIOS, with these settings: 5-6-6-18 and voltage 2.1, as described in the label on the ram.

At this point I installed Windows Vista 32bit SP1 and after installation, if I try to shut down the system, windows is closed but the PC stays on with a flashing dash.

This happens in both motherboards with the same processor but different video cards; I could also try with another motherboard (ASUS P5Q SE/R), processor and other video card, and it still happens.

Not happen if I put only a ram or if I mount the ram dominator 2X4096-8500C5D.

By various tests, I managed to completely turn off the PC, after exit Windows, put the ram voltage to 2.3.

Tomorrow will carry out tests with memtest to see if everything is stable, meanwhile I would ask, what if I leave I go to meet the ram at that voltage (2.3)?

Max Voltage for these modules would be 2.1 Volts I would try and increase the memory controller Voltage and see if that helps.

How?

However I tried memtest for 2 hours and after three passages did not block anything, do you think I can leave with a voltage to 2.3?

No. That is outside of the warrantied voltage.

Yes, OK. Why not? someone tell me what I go to meet?? burst the computer, I miss the warranty, what???

and if I can not leave them at that voltage, someone can tell me an alternative for them to go to 1066?

• Corsair Employee

You can run them at that Voltage but if they fail and they will they would not be covered under the warranty.

I would suggest testing the modules one at a time to be sure one is not failing and there is not some other issue with the MB or CPU.

Thanks for reply, I was losing hope, I've removed any doubts.

I already tried the memory one by one, and no problems with memtest. But as I said before, when I put my memory alone, the RAM runs at 1066 also using the voltage to 2.2 and up to now follow the suggested settings from Corsair: http://www.corsair.com/helpdesk/ram_support_b.aspx

The problem arises just plugged the couple, if I put a 2.2, the bios sees them in 1066, but Windows does not shut down the PC after the close of the session.

If I put the voltage to 2.3 but everything works with precision.

What can it be?

Not sure the motherboard or processor, because I did some testing on 3 different motherboards (including the Asus P5Q SE2 and P5Q SE/R) with different processors and gives me the same problem, also in the same motherboards, the dominator not give this problem and work in 1066 with a voltage of 2.1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived