Corsair Community

Gigabyte P45-UD3L and Twin2x4096-6400C5 problems

Mike.au

Hi,

Im having trouble getting my pc to boot in dual channel mode. I know the motherboard and RAM listed aren't listed as compatible, but im stuck with it now and was hoping it could be worked around.

Ive tried both sticks individually and it boots fine but as soon as both go in as dual channel it freezes before loading windows. So far ive updated the bios, with not effect, and was wondering if someone could give me the optimal bios settings for this board and memory.

Thanks for any help,

Mike.

I changed the DRAM voltage to 1.9 and up to 2.1 in increments and have tried both 1-3 and 2-4 slots.

The default timings were correct but apart from that and the dram voltage im not sure what all the other settings should be.

Ran memtest on both modules, both passed.

I put both modules back in and upped the dram and mch voltages and it actually was a lot more stable, booted into windows and was running fine for a few minutes but eventually froze. With this being the case could it still be motherboard/cpu problems or do i just need to get all the settings perfect?

And also the fact that with just 1 module in, it works flawlessly, wouldn't that elminate the cpu being a problem?

Thanks for the help so far.

Archived