Corsair Community

will not post with 4 ram

hello, i can only get three sticks of my memory to run . on insertion of the forth, my system will not post. checked all memories individually and in different dimms with memtest, all passed. gigabyte tech support reproduced my system and said they ran same memories without problem and that it must be a single motherboard problem. it was rma'd and returned but i still have the same problem. now they suggest it must be a memory problem. can memories pass in memtest and still be goosed?

i am not an overclocker and have all settings on auto as i am not confident enough (or knowledgable enough) to change anything.

thanks in advance Jimmystol

both pairs same version, bought same time same supplier. all voltages and settings are as stock, i haven't messed with anything. gigabyte tech support said they ran all without problem. if there is something i can try i will be very glad to try, but you will have to walk me through it as i am not over familiar with tweaking.

• Corsair Employees

Try these settings below:

SLI Ready: Disabled (this setting has nothing to do with your graphics SLI configuration, don't get confused)

Memory frequency: 800Mhz

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2T

TRC: 28

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

I've tried above settings, I don't have the SLI option in my bios and can't find TRC either, however found TRFC with a value of 68 and changed that to 28 without any joy. MB just gives me a series of 23 beeps resets then repeats after fourth memory insertion. i can remove any 1 memory and system will boot.

that was one of the first things i tried. when MB was returned, it again was flashed with E1 bios i thought maybe this was how gigabyte had gotten it to run without issue but apparently not. it is now again flashed with E2 bios.

• Corsair Employees
There will be a lot more stresses on the memory controller on the motherboard when all memory slots are filled; to compensate for these stresses, memory controller will need to run these modules at a slower speed.

Archived