Corsair Community

XFX 680i and TWIN2X4096-8500C5

I've input the correct settings according to the Support section for my XFX 680i Motherboard and TWIN2X4096-8500C5 (4GB [2x2GB Kit])

5-5-5-15-2T 2.1

Does anyone know of any other settings that I need to make it run stable? Everytime I run it, it randomly blue-screens. I know it's the RAM b/c as soon as I put my old ram (2 x1 GB of ******** SLI ram) it runs solid. Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm running this on Windows 7 RC 64-bit if that helps any and not sure on the Bios that I'm running but will be updating it to the latest one.

• Corsair Employees

Make sure you try these settings below. If they still do not work try each stick by itself and let me know the results. =)

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2T

TRC: 28

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

Make sure you try these settings below. If they still do not work try each stick by itself and let me know the results. =)

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2T

TRC: 28

NB Core Voltage: 1.4v

NB Core Voltage? Do you mean the CPU Core Voltage? Looking in BIOS and cant' find any NB Core Voltage. Also do you know the other settings?:

**Advanced Memory Settings**

tRRD

tRC 28

tWR

tWTR

tREF

• 4 weeks later...
Other setting I would not touch. NB voltage could be referred as another name and best to ask the motherboard manufacture what they have it listed under.

I've been looking around like crazy and can't find where I would change the NB Voltage. Closest thing I could find would be the setting in BIOS called:

HT nForce SPP <-> MCP 1.2V

I've looked on the site, in forums, and states 1.2V is the default voltage for the NB Voltage (North Bridge I'm assuming ya?). Anyway, if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance Ram guy, you've been a HUGE help :)

[reason i'm posting so late is i started having issues again, was running good for a while, but noticed it'd crash when RAM was being used intensively, games, audio programs, etc.] :o:

Archived